I ran across this a while back on a forum somewhere I think. The guy had just started playing the MOTHER 3 fan translation.
Reminds me of what Itoi talked about in that huge interview he did about MOTHER 3. Just the simple act of being able to name stuff can add an extra layer of emotion, and it’s different for each player.
Other Related Posts:
28 Comments to Character Naming Gets Personal
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...