Weekly Round-Up #37
EarthBound fans get better and better at making the series their own! Here are some handmade plushes from a couple of the plushie-making experts at Starmen.Net.
First up is Shroomdog:
So, here’s Penny the zombie dog plush! Her name is short for penicillin because she’s a bit mouldy. Hey, that’s two fungus-related dogs I have now. Anyway, I managed to make her chest seem a bit more hollow by making a kind of little pocket at the bottom and sticking the ribs out. The top part of her chest cavity is actually connected to her mouth, so she can swallow small objects such as pencils, beads and rabbit bones. She also has a chewed-off foot, since I wondered about making a detachable velcro foot but decided it would be too much extra mucking about. Also she’s got a crinkly brain made by gathering up a bit of grey fleece with very long stitches. I think that’s all I’ve got to say!
Also from Shroomdog:
Uuuh I’ve got a few more plushie-type beasts here, nothing too impressive this time.
First up is a Kangashark! I was going to make the whole thing from scratch but I didn’t have enough of any kind of brown fabric for the kanga part so I sacrificed a Beanie Baby instead.
The mummy one is called Lucy and the baby is Luke.
Next is a perfectly normal pig with an extra brain in a jar on its head. I was planning to do this for a while. The brain jar is mostly glued together.
Next next is a bird. The Ultimate Chimera’s BFF kind. I named it Blobby Custard.
Next next next is a little zip-mouthed footless Chimera purse type thing, because I just wanted to try sewing a zip onto something. I’ll probably sell a couple of these at some point.
And here’s eyes5’s latest creation:
Return of Octobot~
He can sorta stand, but I couldn’t get his legs at a consistent angle and length. His legs also get in the way of making him perfectly round, otherwise I would’ve proposed him as a Fangamer plushie. I like him better with his legs collapsed like the second picture.
None of these cool plushes are for sale, but who knows, maybe if you put a tooth under your pillow at night something nice will show up the next morning!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to Attack of the MOTHER 3 Plushies!
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...