December’s MOTHER 2 Figures
Popular Posts:None found
December 20th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
An interesting week this past week was. It’s amazing there’s still anything left to say about EarthBound and the other games after all this time, but somehow the fans keep it alive 😀
Okay, so let’s take a look at what else has happened in the world of EarthBound around the Internet this past week.
- EarthBound Review – An RPG experience unlike any other.
- The 10th Hour 12.18.09: Top 10 Games of the Decade
- Giygas e Resultados!
- My Top Ten Games of the Decade, Part Two
- Junior High Bands Run Out of Obscure Video Game References to Name Themselves After
- Das Spezielle an Lucas (The Special about Lucas)
Elvis ate my toast so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
The big merch news this past week was the EarthBound prototype/review copy that sold for almost $600. Hopefully we’ll hear more about that in the future?
One thing I’ve noticed these past few weeks, especially this week, is the lack of EarthBound Player’s Guides everywhere. There’s a lot less of them for sale lately. Is everyone buying them up, or is everyone hoarding them? Or were they all tossed into a big book fire? You know, I bet there’s some warehouse somewhere with a whole bunch of new copies of the guide. Let us seek it out and plunder it.
Anyway, here’s some cool EarthBound merchandise that showed up on eBay this week. You can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- EarthBound cart for $75 – pretty good, some people are trying to sell just the cart for $100 or more these past few weeks, probably because it’s shopping season I guess
- EarthBound Cart + Guide
- Handmade Mr.Saturn Plush – can’t tell if this is a relisting from the one last week, in any case if the official ones are too much for your blood, these ones seem to sell well and look pretty cool
- Official MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn Plush, brand new – these are starting to get rare again too, so this is probably the last chance to get one for a questionably reasonable price. Unless they do another run of these in Japanese arcades, but I don’t expect that to happen. BTW, if anyone knows how to differentiate between a 2006 Mr. Saturn plush and a 2009 one, please let me know!
- EarthBound, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG for Super NES
- EarthBound, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Mega Man X, Mega Man X3, Turtles in Time, Castlevania IV for Super NES – you know, an EarthBound-themed ZAMN hack would be pretty neat, too bad we can’t combine these two carts into one blob cart somehow
- Rare EarthBound Display Box – it’d be cool to have one of these in an EarthBound museum someday
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn Plush – any sort of Mr. Saturn plushie seems to becoming rare on YAJ now, a while ago there were dozens to choose from, now just one 😯
- 26 Famicom/Super Famicom games including MOTHER
And stuff on Amazon:
- Damn, EarthBound is expensive on Amazon this week. The other entry they have for EarthBound is even more expensive 😯
What’s Up With Itoi
- Not too much of interest this week, though he did say one day he wondered how many onigiri he had this year. He gave his estimate, then talked almost philosophically about the procuring and eating of them throughout a year’s worth of time. In the end, he’s not sure how many he’s had after all.
Last week’s “guess what’s wrong with this image” tripped up a lot of people. I don’t think all the mistakes were found last week,
This week I don’t have the time to make a new image this week, so instead I’ll just post this fluke which is very wrong in many ways already 😛
Other Related Posts:
26 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #49
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.