Random Post:

MOTHER Manga: Believe
 EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

December 20th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

An interesting week this past week was. It’s amazing there’s still anything left to say about EarthBound and the other games after all this time, but somehow the fans keep it alive 😀

Okay, so let’s take a look at what else has happened in the world of EarthBound around the Internet this past week.

Community News

Elvis ate my toast so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

The big merch news this past week was the EarthBound prototype/review copy that sold for almost $600. Hopefully we’ll hear more about that in the future?

One thing I’ve noticed these past few weeks, especially this week, is the lack of EarthBound Player’s Guides everywhere. There’s a lot less of them for sale lately. Is everyone buying them up, or is everyone hoarding them? Or were they all tossed into a big book fire? You know, I bet there’s some warehouse somewhere with a whole bunch of new copies of the guide. Let us seek it out and plunder it.

Anyway, here’s some cool EarthBound merchandise that showed up on eBay this week. You can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

What’s Up With Itoi

• Not too much of interest this week, though he did say one day he wondered how many onigiri he had this year. He gave his estimate, then talked almost philosophically about the procuring and eating of them throughout a year’s worth of time. In the end, he’s not sure how many he’s had after all.

Final Thought

Last week’s “guess what’s wrong with this image” tripped up a lot of people. I don’t think all the mistakes were found last week,

This week I don’t have the time to make a new image this week, so instead I’ll just post this fluke which is very wrong in many ways already 😛

26 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #49

Linkzcap said on Dec. 20, 2009

I wonder if my parents are looking for good deals on Earthbound carts..

Ness Hero said on Dec. 20, 2009

I was second to Comment YAYAHAHAH

Good Hack

santiagoff said on Dec. 20, 2009

I lol’d at the fluke.

Jeagle101 said on Dec. 20, 2009

…Oh boy. There are so many things wrong with that picture, I’m just giving it the WRONG label right now.

Ness Hero said on Dec. 20, 2009

Yeah

I agree

Mister Crosser said on Dec. 20, 2009

let’s see..

Ness is in shorts
Pokey x tracy…
Ness’ mom is in a dress
dungeon man AND woman
Multiple Mr. Saturns
and a dressed saturn

Ness started to agree WITHT the people who said he was drunk

Axl-fox said on Dec. 20, 2009

I’ll put it short:

EVERYTHING’S wrong with this picture

rawpower7 said on Dec. 20, 2009

I liked that Junior High band names thing. Every single character sprite is wrong in that picture, or they’re not suppose to be there. The background is fine though. And obviously the text, which is hilarious.

userofdoom said on Dec. 20, 2009

NOTHING is wrong with that picture, what are you people talking about? I remember it distinctly from the game.

santiagoff said on Dec. 20, 2009

Mr Saturn VENUS! FTW

LakituAl said on Dec. 20, 2009

In my humble opinion, there are only two things wrong with that picture:

1.- The font you used was not Apple Kid and
B.- There is no Dungeon Kid (yet).

I think the trippy Tane Tane Island music would be perfect for a moment like this.

Mato said on Dec. 20, 2009

Just so there’s no confusion, I should say that I did not create that fluke, it was one I had lying around. And of course stuff is wrong with it, I don’t really expect anyone to try to find stuff wrong with it 😛

PK Mt. Fuji said on Dec. 20, 2009

No Tracy! You’re just young and confused!

Puppyduck said on Dec. 20, 2009

That picture is the best thing ever.

Pishi said on Dec. 21, 2009

Here’s what’s wrong with that image.

Dungeon Woman is dressed as the groom and Dungeon Man is dressed as the bride.
Dungeon Man’s wig does not go well with his eye color.
Mr. Venus’ backing vocal #3 is singing in B flat while everyone else is singing in C.
Ness’ mother was refused at the tryouts even though she clearly has a better voice than Mr. Venus. (But Mr. Venus has the better nose.)
Tracy seems unaware that rubbing her nose on Pokey’s causes 36 types of status effects.
Ness admits his alcoholism.

blahmoomoo said on Dec. 21, 2009

Darn you Elvis! *shakes fist*

No toast is safe from Elvis! Hide those toasters that toast toast!

*rimshot*

Yeah, I liked that line a little bit too much.

Big A2 said on Dec. 21, 2009

The only thing wrong with that picture is that there’s isn’t more of them in existance.

no name given said on Dec. 21, 2009

…random…

reluctantgamer said on Dec. 21, 2009

Mato, if you have any truly clever and funny flukes in your vault, you should bring them out. I think I’ve seen, like, one. Ever. Um. I don’t remember where.

For a while it seemed like a law had been passed somewhere which required all flukes to contain a wildly inappropriate mech, preferably the one that sorta looks like a bee that gets blown up by Mega Man X and Zero during the beginning cutscene of Mega Man X3. Or 2. In any case, all you had to do was throw it in a random scene from EB, and hilarity apparently ensued.

I suppose hacking made flukes more or less obsolete…like Betamax. Actually, while I’m still yammering away, I may as well mention one more thought that crossed my mind: a brief history of Earthbound hacking for non-hackers would not be unwelcome material here. Speaking for myself, of course.

someone70 said on Dec. 23, 2009

I’m not even gonna count them…

anyomous said on Dec. 23, 2009

YOU GUYS FORGOT 1!He forget to put in the sentance starter dot.

reluctantgamer said on Dec. 24, 2009

@userofdoom:
hahahahaha, correct! I think it’s right after the scene where Ness wets his pants in the Topolla theater. And then has to fight Link and Mario and Kirby to get to the flaming pile of Mr. Saturns.

Leirin said on Dec. 24, 2009

Best fluke I’ve seen yet!

Cory Ag said on Dec. 29, 2009

All I know is that I got a hold of an Earthbound card for Christmas What a fraggen surprise! SO HAPPY

Pipomonkeydude said on Dec. 30, 2009

There is nothing wrong with that fluke because it’s perfect in every conceivable way.

Apple Kid said on Dec. 14, 2012

Yet, over all these years no one ever pointed out the magic cake background. Was that just supposed to be like that or did no one find it?

Find Merchandise!