EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

December 13th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

Kind of a slow week this week while I fought the busy monster, but let’s see what EarthBound-ish stuff happened around the net during the past seven days.

Community News

If you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool and EarthBound-related that belongs here, let me know! Obey me!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

The really big news this week of course was the EarthBound prototype/review cart that showed up on eBay. Some other really good deals snuck in under the radar though, so here are the goods.

Remember you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

What’s Up With Itoi

• Not a whole lot of interesting stuff this week, but one thing that stood out was that apparently Itoi has a boat license. He says he hasn’t actually used it for anything for years, but he renews it every time he needs to, so he’s going to renew it again soon.

Final Thought

A lot of people studied last week’s “what’s wrong with this pic” very hard. Eventually, all of the differences were spotted. It took a while though because most people were distracted by the obvious changes I put in there to throw them off of the hard changes 😛

So here’s this week’s. It’s a little easier than the previous ones, so give it a shot!

12 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #48

Person said on Dec. 13, 2009

what happened to the mother 1 retranslation

Kyle said on Dec. 13, 2009

Ness’s hair is brown instead of black?

Old West said on Dec. 13, 2009

Tiny Flying Man, hair, trees aren’t checkered, and there’s a giant radish where there should be a giant carrot. Might be more.

I hope using a reference picture isn’t cheating. 😛

no name given said on Dec. 13, 2009

Old man has no stick!

The Nameless Worthless Protoplasm Friend Doctor said on Dec. 13, 2009

HOLY FLYING BROWN HAIRED NESS!

The Star Master lost his stick!

Also, was that chick at the bottom right always there? I doubt so!

And is it just me and my failglish, or those “It takes you to the truth yourself” doesn’t make any sense? Isn’t it “It takes you to your true self”?

Adman said on Dec. 13, 2009

I think Mato is still working on the translation. Its just not as major a project as Mother 3. The mother 3 translation was something that the entire gaming world was clamoring for, and was therefor at the top of his priorities list. The Mother 1 translation on the other hand is just sort of something he’s been doing on a whim. It a fun project, but not a world-changing one, and therefor gets put behind the demands of real life.

LakituAl said on Dec. 14, 2009

Shouldn’t the entire place change to a different palette as soon as you speak to the old geezer?

blahmoomoo said on Dec. 14, 2009

LakituAl: Only after the last line is spoken, and even then the palette changes gradually. The screenshot could have been taken before the palette change took place. However, it is possible that the shade of the “ocean” and the shade of the land are never purple and green at the same time (don’t have the time to check).

Cyrus said on Dec. 14, 2009

Very right in the middle the grass blades say ‘Hi’. I don’t remember if that actually is in the game or not… Magicant is a pretty crazy place…

santiagoff said on Dec. 14, 2009

Is there anything RIGHT in that picture? O.o

NeonSquid said on Dec. 14, 2009

Didn’t the trees have rings around them?

Axl-fox said on Dec. 15, 2009

1- Ness’ hair is brown
2- star master doesnt have his stick
3- there’s a typo in the text box
4- something’s wrong with the trees
5- chick
6- that black bunny is not supposed to be there(?)