December 6th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

This week was surprisingly active on EB Central, lots of cameo-related stuff especially. Now let’s see what other EarthBound stuff has gone on around the internet this week, shall we?

Community News

I live on the moon in a cave, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Some really cool EarthBound stuff showed up on eBay this week, so let’s get right to it. Don’t forget you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

• EarthBound’s gone up in price quite a bit this week on Amazon, averaging $100+. Crazy.

What’s Up With Itoi

• This week Itoi seemed to talk about food a lot. One thing that seemed interesting was that he got up in the middle of night wanting ice cream he had in the freezer. He thought about that fact and realized that many decades ago people liked to imagine what the “world of tomorrow” would be like, with space travel and weird gizmos and all kinds of weird stuff, but in that short moment he realized that in one sense it’s become the “age in which you can have ice cream in the middle of the night if you want to”.

Final Thought

It took readers a while, but last week’s “what’s wrong with this picture” was finally completely figured out. Most overlooked was the change in the text πŸ˜›

So here’s this week’s “find out what’s wrong with this pic”. Be sure to look closely!

35 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #47

radiansansred said on Dec. 6, 2009

Instead of PSI, it’s Pk?

Mr. Beefy said on Dec. 6, 2009

PK instead of PSI and obviously the color swap another good week here at EBC, my one stop shop for all my obscure EarthBound needs

rawpower7 said on Dec. 6, 2009

Yeah they got it PSI and the color. Pretty cool week with Mother 3 on AT number 3.

someone70 said on Dec. 6, 2009

What was the answer to the last picture?

Bowser said on Dec. 6, 2009

There is no ribbon on the Mr.Saturn house.

EBfan565 said on Dec. 6, 2009

No ribbon, Pk instead of PSI, and negative.

Mato said on Dec. 6, 2009

someone70: I believe these were the things from last week’s:

– No stuff on the right sidewalk
– Missing tree
– Mr. T
– “Mr.” missing from text

I think that was all, but I might be old and forgetful.

Komaru said on Dec. 6, 2009

– It says “Pk” instead of PSI.
– There’s supposed to be a ribbon on the house.
– There’s an extra ‘M’ on the Mr. Saturn’s text.
– Mr. Saturn’s ribbon is flipped the other way?
– It says “Good” instead of “Goods”.
– It’s inverted.

Those are some I could find, I’m sure there’re more.

Gurp said on Dec. 6, 2009

I think part of the cliff in the lower right is layered over itself, but I probably need to see the game again to check if that’s normal.

santiagoff said on Dec. 6, 2009

Interesting. We haven’t reached the era of time travel and stuff, but we’ve reached the era of “I can have ice cream in the middle of the night if I want to”. LMAO.

[…] Link addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink | Trackback | View Trackbacks No trackbacks recorded […]

JamesBond007 said on Dec. 6, 2009

About the picture – Most important, Saturn Valley looks BLUE, BLUE… whithout Happy-Happyists.

Ninji said on Dec. 6, 2009

OMG OMG oMG zOMG!!!!!!!!!!! The person who put EB0 up for auction REMOVED the item!!! 0_o NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

The Nameless Worthless Protoplasm Friend Doctor said on Dec. 6, 2009

Ok, who brought the Mani Mani in Saturn Valley??

starbound said on Dec. 6, 2009

Is everything wrong with that picture?

Jeagle101 said on Dec. 6, 2009

“Pk” should be “PSI”, “Goods” is missing its “s”, the screen is negative… Ribbon on the house…. All I could find πŸ™

pooppoop said on Dec. 6, 2009

hot springs don’t go there

Ninji said on Dec. 6, 2009

hey dudes! Just registered, anyhow, I think we found all the difference Mato, no need to tell us until next time!

Ninji said on Dec. 6, 2009

Sorry for generic comment, can someone please tell me what is my avatar/sprite/turtle buddy’s name and which game it’s in, it’s either from EarthBound or Mother 3, anyhow, about the whole sprite thing, has Mato ever given sprites from Mother/EB0?

LakituAl said on Dec. 6, 2009

@Ninji

I think it is Mecha-Turtle from Mother 3. I don’t think I’ve actually ever seen any EB0 sprite around here. Most importantly, I would like to know if there is any way to change the one I have (it is reeeeally important for me, seriously.)

Starguy256 said on Dec. 6, 2009

@LakituAl

I wanna change too.
because i am a guy ,but
my picture is not

that’s a haiku.

Poe said on Dec. 6, 2009

Sprites are randomly chosen when you sign up. Sorry 8D

Leirin said on Dec. 7, 2009

“Mother 3 – A superb game, but it fails to match Earthbound” — wouldn’t expect anything more from IGN. πŸ˜›

MarioFan3 said on Dec. 7, 2009

@LakituAl:
Uhh, no EB0 sprites? What about me? I’ve got Ninten, πŸ˜€

Xi said on Dec. 7, 2009

@LakituAl

You don’t like being one of the local ruffians?

@Starguy256

Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don’t make sense
Refrigerator.

pidgezero_one said on Dec. 7, 2009

Hope somebody from here snags that air freshener! I got the one in the last round up. *drools at merch*

LakituAl said on Dec. 7, 2009

@MarioFan3:
Me and my big mouth!

@Xi

You see, I’m a Mexican living in California. As such, I’m always proud of saying I’m not involved in any gang activity, because I stay at home and study, etc. Ironically, I register in this site and what happens to be my avatar? A gang member! Seriously, that sucks!

Ninji said on Dec. 7, 2009

Don’t feel bad LakituAl, being a Shark is awesome, but I like my Mecha-Turtle better…. LOL

Deej said on Dec. 7, 2009

Also Ness looks a bit different when colors are inverted. Thanks to OS X that’s a keystroke away for me.

Someone Else said on Dec. 8, 2009

My random icon is Poo. I’m actually feeling lucky I got such an important character as my icon.

Axel said on Dec. 9, 2009

Another change is that it says “Talk to” instead of “Talk.”

Ninji said on Dec. 9, 2009

Umm… Axel, that’s a mistake on your part, it ALWAYS says Talk To through out the entire game

MarioFan3 said on Dec. 10, 2009

I picked out another thing, the Mr. Saturn to the right is missing, ZOOM!
(Unless it walked off screen, which is unlikely because I checked for 10 mins in that spot and it didn’t go off screen, then again, I checked when the phase distorter is there so correct me if I’m wrong)

Another thing I noticed, the window on the building has the reflection the wrong way around, the U shaped black (supposed to be white) is actually supposed to be flipped vertically. It’s very picky, but you can’t fool me on that one, the windows always had reflections going up.

I put nut bread on my head, and eat ordinary hats, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that has changed in this picture, so if you see something cool, or know of something cool that belongs here, let me know! (mockery, remember the fan translation glitches?)

Sources are from me, re-inverting the image, and comparing with screen shots in the game.

I_am_Ness said on Dec. 10, 2009

it says “Pk” and not “PSI”

Find Merchandise!