EarthBound with New Controls
There’s a topic over on Starmen.Net that caught my eye. In it, people talk about little things they’ve noticed in MOTHER 3. It’s kind of surprising, because there are some things that not even I noticed, like the fact that the flowers at the grave have different colors throughout the game, showing that new flowers are always being brought.
(image by Aerostella)
The game took so long to develop that I suppose it’s natural that there are lots of little things like that everywhere. Some of my other favorites are:
- Ramming into the Drago from the left
- When you use the hot spring after you’re covered in soot
- The way the soot washes off when the rain starts is cool
- The town “map” of Saturn Valley
- The little text beep sounds change depending on the character talking, this is something a lot of people don’t notice right away it seems
- Duster still limps even when in disguise, Kumatora still yawns when in disguise
- Between Chapters 3 and 4, Kumatora gets three pixels taller and of course Lucas gets much taller too
- When you first meet Kumatora she throws some sort of ice thing at you, then when she joins you see she’s not at full PP because she had actually used PK Freeze
- You can meet Fassad in Chapter 1 if you go at the right time
I know there’s a lot more than that, but I can’t remember them all. Have you noticed any cool little details or tiny extra things in the game?
Other Related Posts:
55 Comments to The Little Things in MOTHER 3
Leave a reply
Featured Item on eBay:
EarthBound (Super Nintendo, 1995) + BONUS Player's Guide
- Jason: Are those speakers?
- Jason: Maybe I’m just a member of the the uninitiated, but I believe in speed-running, different editions/versions of the same game are...
- Anonymous: When I heard about this I was like YES…YES…YES!!!!!
- Anonymous: A real cool assist trophy would be the photo man who would pause the fight and say “Pictures taken instantaneously! I’m a...
- Anonymous: I would have as my next playable earthbound/mother character… JEFF because he wouldn’t play like ness or lucas and maybe the...