EB Zero Baby Motivation Project
December 24th, 2009 | Smash Bros.
I’m a few days behind the times on this one, but apparently Super Smash Bros. (for the Nintendo 64) was released on the North American Virtual Console a few days ago. Ness is a secret character in the game that you can unlock if you’re good at it. I don’t recall the requirements offhand, it was something like beat the game on normal difficulty without using any continues and losing less than 3 lives.
Man, I remember when it was first released like it was yesterday. I could visit memory lane all day, but I’ll skip that and just link to this old section on the old EarthBound.Net. I remember back then that it seemed like 1999 was a billion years away from when EarthBound was released. And we thought the series was neglected back then!
Anyway, those of you who are still praying and hoping for EarthBound on the Virtual Console, you can at least get your Ness on with this game
Thanks to the many people who alerted me to the VC release!
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Smash Bros. on Virtual Console
Leave a reply
- Vince: Oh, whoops! Just realized that I got it backwards. Disregard my last message.
- Vince: Maybe they sped it up on the GBA version because it’s a portable console?
- Jason: Are those speakers?
- Jason: Maybe I’m just a member of the the uninitiated, but I believe in speed-running, different editions/versions of the same game are...
- Anonymous: When I heard about this I was like YES…YES…YES!!!!!