Magnet Hill is Real
December 24th, 2009 | Smash Bros.
I’m a few days behind the times on this one, but apparently Super Smash Bros. (for the Nintendo 64) was released on the North American Virtual Console a few days ago. Ness is a secret character in the game that you can unlock if you’re good at it. I don’t recall the requirements offhand, it was something like beat the game on normal difficulty without using any continues and losing less than 3 lives.
Man, I remember when it was first released like it was yesterday. I could visit memory lane all day, but I’ll skip that and just link to this old section on the old EarthBound.Net. I remember back then that it seemed like 1999 was a billion years away from when EarthBound was released. And we thought the series was neglected back then!
Anyway, those of you who are still praying and hoping for EarthBound on the Virtual Console, you can at least get your Ness on with this game 😉
Thanks to the many people who alerted me to the VC release!
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Smash Bros. on Virtual Console
- Mato: MightyYT: I always love your work, so again, amazing job on this! Off the top of my head, I don’t know the significance of everything...
- Dragonwarriorquestsagain: This was written very well. I just don’t agree w/ some of the obvious conjecture regarding porky and the ending....
- wow: That’s why I love our fandom.
- DavemanDeluxe: That article (and the two preceding it) might be the very best writing in video game commentary I’ve ever read. It’s...
- MightyYT: [Sorry for double-posting] On another topic, how do I change my avatar here?