I Think I’m Teaching Japanese
December 24th, 2009 | Smash Bros.
I’m a few days behind the times on this one, but apparently Super Smash Bros. (for the Nintendo 64) was released on the North American Virtual Console a few days ago. Ness is a secret character in the game that you can unlock if you’re good at it. I don’t recall the requirements offhand, it was something like beat the game on normal difficulty without using any continues and losing less than 3 lives.
Man, I remember when it was first released like it was yesterday. I could visit memory lane all day, but I’ll skip that and just link to this old section on the old EarthBound.Net. I remember back then that it seemed like 1999 was a billion years away from when EarthBound was released. And we thought the series was neglected back then!
Anyway, those of you who are still praying and hoping for EarthBound on the Virtual Console, you can at least get your Ness on with this game
Thanks to the many people who alerted me to the VC release!
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to Smash Bros. on Virtual Console
- game4brains: To clarify my statement on the graphics being “awful”, I’m referring to how the GBA’s lack of a backlight...
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.