Poll: Is EarthBound Overrated?
Brownie Brown, the developer for MOTHER 3, has a new DSiWare game in Japan called “Kappa Road”. And it looks like Ocho the octopus from MOTHER 3 makes a cameo in the title screen:
(click to enlarge)
Except for the hat, it looks like it’s the same sprite with some possible small graphical touch-ups. If you look closely, you can also see a Pigmask helmet next to him:
You can see it all in this video, at about the 1:00 mark:
Thanks to Kyven and edward for the info and Portal-Kombat for spotting the mask!
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to MOTHER 3’s Ocho Makes a Cameo
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...