EarthBound Zero Remake: Swamp
Brownie Brown, the developer for MOTHER 3, has a new DSiWare game in Japan called “Kappa Road”. And it looks like Ocho the octopus from MOTHER 3 makes a cameo in the title screen:
(click to enlarge)
Except for the hat, it looks like it’s the same sprite with some possible small graphical touch-ups. If you look closely, you can also see a Pigmask helmet next to him:
You can see it all in this video, at about the 1:00 mark:
Thanks to Kyven and edward for the info and Portal-Kombat for spotting the mask!
Other Related Posts:
24 Comments to MOTHER 3’s Ocho Makes a Cameo
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER Urawaza Daizenshu Ketteiban Strategy Game Guide Book w/Map Japan FM1472*
- MysterySprite22: This is weird, but not as weird as the belly warmers. xD
- Toby: I doubt you could get to Jr./Son of Starman, as you would need to have everything memorized to come even close. Besides you also have that...
- something fuzzy: Definitely would’ve been interesting to see a 3D rendition of a Flying Man, but in the end it probably was a wise choice to...
- Supergamerk: I like how they put Earthbound, an RPG with a VERY slow beginning on a time limit. I’d be surprised if you could get to Starman...
- Ostricho: Jess is right, there was a portion with a Ness FP fighter. I remember seeing it, and rewinding to pause it at that screen. EarthBound...