I’m not even sure of how to start explaining this, but basically there’s a Japanese site where famous people, somewhat-known people, and regular people can create gaming-related blogs and post on them. Of course, the real attraction are the famous/somewhat-known people’s blogs.
Looking around the site a while back, I came across one female tarento who really likes the MOTHER series (MOTHER 2 was the first game she ever played), Haruna Anno. Besides talking about the game sometimes, she was also lucky enough to meet one of the main members of the MOTHER 2 debugging staff who now runs Sarugakucho.
Here, we see her getting a MOTHER 2 T-shirt that were given only to people who worked on the game. Apparently the guy has a few extra left, so she got one as a present:
Next, we see her trying on the legendarily rare MOTHER 2 dragon jacket, so I guess he owns one of the only few known to exist.
I can’t remember off the top of my head but I think only two are known to be out there, one is said to have been worn by Takuya Kimura of SMAP, the ultra-famous guy in the MOTHER 2 TV commercials. I’m not even sure why the jackets were made, that would be interesting to find out about too.
So there you go, some super-rare MOTHER 2 merchandise, a MOTHER 2 debug guy, and a Japanese game idol who likes MOTHER 2 all in one place. And a fire extinguisher in a dog dish.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Japanese Girl Gamer and MOTHER 2
- Corey: @EBisumaru Magicant is the best stage in Smash 3DS.
- anon: I hope they add a 3D flying man to the game somehow, even as a trophy. It’s really cool to see Earthbound characters that were only...
- Mato: (After removing a number of comments) Okay, this is turning into a silly argument that’s unrelated to the topic at hand, so I’ll...
- JRokujuushi: Did three people seriously criticize his use of “it’s” when it was used correctly? If we substitute the words in...
- wvlfpvp: NekoKnight: It’s a username. Spelling is how you freaking want it to be. I replaced vowels with the consonant “v”...