MOTHER Remake Hack Coming Along Nicely
In EarthBound Zero there’s an enemy in Magicant called “Groucho”. It’s an odd enemy and sometimes it will simply say “hello” and then leave, but you’ll still get experience from the battle somehow. It’s an amusing enemy, it kind of reminds me of the Walking Bushie in MOTHER 3.
Anyway, I’m sure most people know what the enemy’s name is a reference to, but here’s some info on that plus some more details courtesy of HalfmetalAlchemist:
Hey, there. I have no idea if this is official, but if not, it sure is an interesting coincidence. A while back, my mom borrowed a book from the library, titled “The Best of Groucho” if I remember correctly. I wouldn’t have thought much about it, until I noticed the man on the cover had squared eyebrows, a big moustache, and was wearing glasses. Here’s a photo of him:
I went a little deeper into this, and asked my mom if there was something about him saying “Hello” and then leaving. She responded by singing this song. I just thought I’d let you know.
Keep up the good work on EBC! 😀
I forget what the enemy’s name is in the Japanese version, but I know it’s not Groucho. The enemy still does the same thing, though.
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Groucho in EarthBound Zero
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...