Ultimate Chimera Shirt Restocked
In EarthBound Zero there’s an enemy in Magicant called “Groucho”. It’s an odd enemy and sometimes it will simply say “hello” and then leave, but you’ll still get experience from the battle somehow. It’s an amusing enemy, it kind of reminds me of the Walking Bushie in MOTHER 3.
Anyway, I’m sure most people know what the enemy’s name is a reference to, but here’s some info on that plus some more details courtesy of HalfmetalAlchemist:
Hey, there. I have no idea if this is official, but if not, it sure is an interesting coincidence. A while back, my mom borrowed a book from the library, titled “The Best of Groucho” if I remember correctly. I wouldn’t have thought much about it, until I noticed the man on the cover had squared eyebrows, a big moustache, and was wearing glasses. Here’s a photo of him:
I went a little deeper into this, and asked my mom if there was something about him saying “Hello” and then leaving. She responded by singing this song. I just thought I’d let you know.
Keep up the good work on EBC! 😀
I forget what the enemy’s name is in the Japanese version, but I know it’s not Groucho. The enemy still does the same thing, though.
Other Related Posts:
34 Comments to Groucho in EarthBound Zero
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?