December 18th, 2009 | EarthBound, Videos

YouTube user blkhatRaven recently posted a 3D version of the EarthBound title screen animation:

Pretty neat! The best 3D animation I ever managed to do was a sphere that changed size or some lame thing like that.

18 Comments to EarthBound Title Screen in 3D

James said on Dec. 18, 2009

That’s really cool. It makes me want to see a fully-3D EarthBound fan remake, maybe in the style of Mother 64.

Hejiru said on Dec. 18, 2009

That was awesome!

santiagoff said on Dec. 18, 2009

Neat :3

darkgreen_orange said on Dec. 18, 2009

You should do a post for the 3D Mother intro, too!

SmaMan said on Dec. 18, 2009

I could see this being used in a remake that Nintendo would finally make where they take out the questionable copyrighted music. (that they totally wouldn’t get sued for in the first place…)

Miles Vialpando said on Dec. 18, 2009

I used to do 3d for game design, then I’ve decided to do graphic and web design instead. At least I still have options. Yay.

Nice animation.

Ninji said on Dec. 18, 2009

Hmmm… 3D EarthBound? As long as the graphics aren’t bad and the characters wouldn’t look different, they I would buy a 3D EarthBound copy if one is ever released…..

questionsleep said on Dec. 18, 2009

Pf, who cares about the EB Zero intro. Personally found that one way more impressive.

I’m with SmaMan – remake. These intros are perfect for remakes.
But to take out copyrighted music would kill the majority of the game.

SmaMan said on Dec. 19, 2009

@questionsleep
I agree taking it out would be bad… but if Nintendo ever decides to remake it then that’s what they would probably do.

In my opinion, however, the music is only questionably similar, and I seriously doubt they’d get sued over it.

MarioFan3 said on Dec. 19, 2009

This intro is fantastic, what Mother 64’s one should be similar to.
For those who don’t know, the Mother 64 project is a 64 remake of Mother. It has only just started, and it already looks very promising!
If you’re interested see here:

3D remake projects for the Mother series FTW! 😀

Yoshimad123 said on Dec. 19, 2009

Heh, this is pretty awesome.

Ness Hero said on Dec. 19, 2009

@SmaMan

I have always drew on papers of 3D Earthbound
and it looked awesome. If any of you are an artist
and can draw earthbound stuff like me, try
that..

[…] Direct link here […]

gwalms said on Dec. 19, 2009

If you’re going to do something in 3D, you should do Mother 3! It seems made for it!
But seriously peeps, wheres the 3D love for Mother 3?

Miles Vialpando said on Dec. 20, 2009

What would our friend Giygas look like in 3d…?

Afrizzle said on Jan. 3, 2010

Hey guys I’m trying to make a 3D real time version of earthbound and maybe mother 3 if I can finish earthbound. It’s gonna have similar combat to legend of zelda only instead of using a sword it will be a baseball bat and instead of using a bow you will use pk only you get to select you pk through the arrow keys if you use pk thunder you will get to control where it goes. I am planning on making the graphics similar to the graphics in the mother 2 flash video only a little bit different once I am done with the game I will post it on my sit (mother2.webs.com) I’ll post more later g2g

Mr. Crosser said on Jan. 3, 2010

The music is kind of meh, but the animation is great!

motherman said on Jul. 3, 2010

these videos make me think…what if the MOTHER series was a CGI movie?