Random Post:

Weekly Round-Up #37

December 17th, 2009 | EarthBound, Images

The 250th issue of Nintendo Power is starting to show up in people’s mailboxes, and as part of the celebration there is a “250 reasons to love Nintendo” list in the magazine. EarthBound was part of the list:

earthbound nintendo power 250
(click for big)

Thanks to The Great Morgil and Eric for sending in news so quickly and providing pics!

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled cult activities, already in progress.

49 Comments to EarthBound in Nintendo Power #250

userofdoom said on Dec. 17, 2009

They’re right; we do crave more.

Antiaverage said on Dec. 17, 2009

userofdoom stole my comment x_x But it’s worth repeating, we do crave more, much more. Nintendo has the resources to provide. Gimme!

Churly said on Dec. 17, 2009

Better go check my mailbox!

santiagoff said on Dec. 17, 2009

Cool :3

Jeagle101 said on Dec. 17, 2009

Oh yes, we crave more… MUCH more.

[…] Link addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink […]

Ninji said on Dec. 17, 2009

“Before the knife gets rusty, we must have EB on the Virtual Console before the soup gets cold, we must have EB on the Virtual Console.”

We DO crave, we crave a LOT more than you think, also, if EB is praised by the Nintendo Power staff (or as I ASSUME they do) then WHY isn’t it on the VC, argh!
Also, reason #237? I’d put it at least in the Top 50!

Poe said on Dec. 17, 2009

They picked a really lame screenshot.

Ness Hero said on Dec. 17, 2009

i hate NOA. they put there freaking magazines
out there…. AND GUESS WHAT… There poll on
the most wanted games is EarthBound!!!

2Sang said on Dec. 17, 2009

I don’t buy the copyright bs with the music
Listen to animal crossing’s music, and they’ve got that same go johnny go music in there. Mr. T wouldn’t mind, and who’s to even say it’s him (even though it is).
We crave a new game, or at least a remake or even M3 in the US.

Ginrei said on Dec. 17, 2009

WOO~! I’m part of a cult now! I never thought I would say that with such a big smile. =D

Ness Hero said on Dec. 17, 2009

@2Sang

I love to listen to Animal Crossing Music!!
a week till Christmas

Hejiru said on Dec. 17, 2009

LOL at the cult link, Mato.

Blue, blue…

Eric (Zxcman5) said on Dec. 17, 2009

All right my name is included! I never knew nintendo knew about out cult.

Kyosuke said on Dec. 17, 2009

I can’t believe I had never seen that cult page until now! I had to hold back from laughing out loud because I’m at work. It was tough. πŸ˜€

Bound2Mother said on Dec. 17, 2009

lol, the Earthbound cult site πŸ˜€
but I’ve always wondered, who/what is Sarsie? I don’t recall a Sarsie in Earthbound…

no name given said on Dec. 17, 2009

237!It is ranked way too high..

Cylinderworm said on Dec. 17, 2009

Oh my god this is better than the Mr. Baseball Hat.

I wish we could have Nintendo Power here, but it would cost $90 an issue because of Air Freight or something. All we have is stupid Ultimate Nintendo! With a target audience of 8 year olds.

Sam said on Dec. 17, 2009

Please Nintendo? Pretty please? With rock candy, peanut cheese bars and Mr. Saturn coffee on top please….please?

Xi said on Dec. 17, 2009

@Poe

I actually find it rather intriguing. Doesn’t it look like that screenshot was taken with the sun out, even though the police car is there?

Sir Ilpalazzo said on Dec. 17, 2009

No, it looks like the colors are off. I think it’s nighttime in the shot.

Poe said on Dec. 17, 2009

Yeah, the colors probably look weird because of the way it was scanned. I still can’t figure out the right settings to make my new scanner make things look normal. I miss my old one πŸ™

Ilana_ said on Dec. 17, 2009

… fans crave for more.

BET ON IT.

reluctantgamer said on Dec. 17, 2009

@Ness Hero:
(with apologies to Strong Bad)
I’m only a-gonna sing this one more time…
ohhhhhhh – if it’s supposed to be possessive, it’s t-h-e-i-r
and if it’s supposed to be a preposition, it’s t-h-e-r-e
scalawag!

Komaru said on Dec. 17, 2009

…And of course, they pick the lamest screenshot in the entire game.
Well, I guess it’s still pretty cool that they mentioned it.

SmaMan said on Dec. 18, 2009

It’s great that Nintendo Power obviously and wholeheartedly supports Earthbound/Mother coming out in some way/shape/form in the U.S. But remember, they don’t have very much sway with NOA, at least not as much as they used to. They’re published by another company now.
That being said, I think Reggie could stand to read a few of ’em.

Who’s up for sneaking this and other pro-Earthbound issues into his bathroom magazine pile? (How’s that for cultist activity?)

JudgeDeadd said on Dec. 18, 2009

@Poe, Komaru:

It’s a screenshot from the very beginning of the game. Obviously they didn’t bother to play too long because they wanted to get a screenie quickly.

EmeraldWind said on Dec. 18, 2009

Only EB fans crave more enough to want weekly updates as to what the creator is doing, just hoping to catch a small hint of more!

Poe said on Dec. 18, 2009

@the judge – it’s not like it’s hard to gank one from starmen.net or something.

Dr. Korea said on Dec. 18, 2009

Don’t be silly, people. We do really crave more?

Ok, even if we do, we should say we don’t! So we can sue those bastards for pretense!

(I certainly do crave for more money)

DragonKazooie89 said on Dec. 18, 2009

Does anyone have the whole β€œ250 reasons to love Nintendo” list? I can’t find a link or scans of it as well as the magazine in stores.

Gabriel Rodriguez said on Dec. 18, 2009

Nice to see that EarthBound got it’s own spot on the list, even though I can’t find much a reason to be thanking Nintendo of America. They never gave the game a second chance, because THEY went over the top trying to advertize the thing.

SmaMan said on Dec. 18, 2009

@Dr. Korea
But if we sue them, they’ll have less money to release these games finally. I still think sneaking these NP’s into Reggies bathroom magazine rack is more effective and more cultist. B)

SuperBlooper057 said on Dec. 18, 2009

@people looking at the rank

Everything in the list wasn’t really listed in any particular order, except for #250.

Anonymous said on Dec. 18, 2009

I looked at this yesterday. I was surprised to see earthbound in here. I knew that the “cult” was this site and starmen.net. I still can’t believe that ROB made it into the list!

Ivan E. Garcia Jr. said on Dec. 18, 2009

Is this proof that it will come out on the Virtual Console soon?

Deej said on Dec. 19, 2009

That cult page is STILL one of the creepiest things I’ve seen on the interblag. And I’ve seen things I can’t unsee.

Mato said on Dec. 19, 2009

I have a MIDI play on that page that probably doesn’t work for most browsers these days. Gotta find a way to do it without making permission stuff pop up when you visit πŸ˜›

Anonymous said on Dec. 19, 2009

NOOO MATO DO NOT MAKE POP UPS!!! NO no ..

Bob te tomato VS Mato

AGHHH The Cult!

I Have a Blue MAsk Already +YEAEAEAEEA

Mr. Lamp said on Dec. 19, 2009

LOL NOA STINKS

NOA Says – everyone in the world
will pay us 1000$ if we release EB on virtual console
THINKING. . . Yes i know lets not release it on VC!
Great Idea!

Ness Hero said on Dec. 20, 2009

@reluctantgamer

What? I did not get a word you just said…

say it again please…

If you get mad at me. DO NOT COMMENT.
Please..

+They Got THE WORST PIC IN THE GAME

Super Smash Bros. Fan said on Dec. 20, 2009

It’s nice that Nintendo Power mentioned Earthbound. This makes me feel good. And for those who think that it’s NOA’s fault for the lack of Earthbound on the Virtual Console, it’s not. Blame legal issues.

Regardless of that, I will never give up hope that the game will eventually grace the Virtual Console. This was one of our most wanted games for the Virtual Console and still is. Just because legal issues is present doesn’t mean we have to give up, it just that we have to start at Square 1 again. We should only give up IF Nintendo makes an official announcement that we will never see the game on the Virtual Console.

That Blind Guy said on Dec. 22, 2009

Oh. We crave a couple things. Earthbound on the VC and someone who actually remake earthbopund on a newer console.*
*And not use the qoute “this game stinks”

reluctantgamer said on Dec. 28, 2009

@Ness Hero:
Simmer down, simmer down. No one’s mad. Just a small (and not particularly creative) joke on my part, inspired by the following:

Ninjarz said on Dec. 30, 2009

But Itoi STILL won’t make Mother games on virtual console

Luna said on Dec. 30, 2009

It’s not Itoi-san’s fault… It’s Nintendo.
I would like an upgraded Earthbound for DS, They did it for Chrono Trigger.

At least Nintendo acknowledges our cult-like love for this under looked Snes RPG.

Crave more…? Looks like they don’t know about Mother 3.

Duster's Rainbow Gloves said on Jan. 10, 2010

Didn’t they upgrade Fire Emblem for the DS?

And as long as Nintendo’s fans want Earthbound, there not going to publicly announce it. They wait until your hyped up and postpone any idea of hope. Kinda like Brawl.

skysamfreeman said on Mar. 12, 2010

I’m really getting tired of NOA teasing us like this.

Metasponge64 said on Apr. 30, 2010

When earthbound is not on VC: Mario is allergic to mushrooms. Links sword is broken. And worst of all: captain falcon is retired from racing and forgot how to falcon punch