M1+2 Translation Update (Feb. 13)
The February 1998 issue of Dengeki 64 featured a lot of MOTHER 3 / EarthBound 64 stuff. Although I don’t have the time to translate it, I think fans of the series will still find it neat.
Besides all the amusing English-language stuff on the pages, Shogo Sakai, the composer for MOTHER 3, also stated back in 1998 that he had about 40 songs for the game finished already. He said Itoi let him do whatever he wanted with the music; he had no specific requests. The other guy (who I believe is named Takuto Kitta, but I might be wrong) handled the music programming and did a few songs for the game too, particularly techno-sounding stuff. They mention how mechs show up in the game, so for those scenes they wanted good fighting-style music, which the Takuto guy handled.
Later in the magazine, they interview Itoi but he won’t say anything about the game. I guess he stayed that way all the way to the release of the GBA version too.
Thanks go to KingDarian for procuring and scanning this stuff!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound 64 in Dengeki 64
- Raiden: And what’s not logic Mr.Oh My?
- Raiden: I agree with Mariotti. I have read that they are done with the franchise so fan made sequels are all we could get. Now if only someone...
- Anonymous: do you have a website
- Mariotti: I would say something very similar to what Mato said he would say.“Hey, I like your stuff. Thanks for making it.” seems like a very...
- Mariotti: The reason I think that it is okay for Mother 4 to be called Mother 4, is because Itoi has stated that he does not want to make any more...