Shigesato Itoi in Jan. 1997 Famitsu
The February 1998 issue of Dengeki 64 featured a lot of MOTHER 3 / EarthBound 64 stuff. Although I don’t have the time to translate it, I think fans of the series will still find it neat.
Besides all the amusing English-language stuff on the pages, Shogo Sakai, the composer for MOTHER 3, also stated back in 1998 that he had about 40 songs for the game finished already. He said Itoi let him do whatever he wanted with the music; he had no specific requests. The other guy (who I believe is named Takuto Kitta, but I might be wrong) handled the music programming and did a few songs for the game too, particularly techno-sounding stuff. They mention how mechs show up in the game, so for those scenes they wanted good fighting-style music, which the Takuto guy handled.
Later in the magazine, they interview Itoi but he won’t say anything about the game. I guess he stayed that way all the way to the release of the GBA version too.
Thanks go to KingDarian for procuring and scanning this stuff!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound 64 in Dengeki 64
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...