Summers in Real Life, Sort of
The February 1998 issue of Dengeki 64 featured a lot of MOTHER 3 / EarthBound 64 stuff. Although I don’t have the time to translate it, I think fans of the series will still find it neat.
Besides all the amusing English-language stuff on the pages, Shogo Sakai, the composer for MOTHER 3, also stated back in 1998 that he had about 40 songs for the game finished already. He said Itoi let him do whatever he wanted with the music; he had no specific requests. The other guy (who I believe is named Takuto Kitta, but I might be wrong) handled the music programming and did a few songs for the game too, particularly techno-sounding stuff. They mention how mechs show up in the game, so for those scenes they wanted good fighting-style music, which the Takuto guy handled.
Later in the magazine, they interview Itoi but he won’t say anything about the game. I guess he stayed that way all the way to the release of the GBA version too.
Thanks go to KingDarian for procuring and scanning this stuff!
Other Related Posts:
13 Comments to EarthBound 64 in Dengeki 64
Featured Item on eBay:
Game ONLY for MOTHER 3 GBA micro System DELUXE BOX ( Earthbound ) JAPAN USED
- snesdude7: You can buy them again now! I just ordered one!
- Chase: There is a note now on the web page for it that says “we are expecting a restock on this item soon, check back to this page for more...
- Corbin: Will they get more? I hope so…
- chase: wow, 3 hours in, sold out already. Laaaaame
- Corbin: I’m trying to buy one but I don’t know how to add it to my cart or whatever!