Random Post:

PSI Piano Omega
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10*

December 7th, 2009 | MOTHER 3, Videos

I’m usually pretty slow when it comes to keeping up with stuff like this, I don’t even know what to call them! But here’s a cool MOTHER 3 video set to a vocaloid singing “Romeo and Cinderella”.

If someone more well-versed in this stuff could help explain it, that would be swell πŸ˜€

31 Comments to Cool MOTHER 3 Music Video Thing

Monodi said on Dec. 7, 2009

Quite an odd tribute to Ms. Marshmallow. I find her quite underrated to be honest.

skei said on Dec. 7, 2009

Well, it looks like the borders/black solid designs and some of the positions are inspiration taken from the (original?) version with Miku (also, she’s the Vocaloid in this song).

Most of Vocaloid stuff (particularly the videos, artwork, and outfit designs) is fan-generated. Oddly enough, this fan-generated content seems to be broadly accepted. Because of that, it’s not unusual to see a lot of spin-offs like this. πŸ™‚

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Dec. 7, 2009

I loved that. Must’ve taken a lot of work! Insta-fave…

PK Mt. Fuji said on Dec. 7, 2009

Claus/Ms. Marshmallow? That’s almost as half as weird as Fassad/Boney.

Father said on Dec. 7, 2009

A very good fan made mother 3 video.

Yoshimad123 said on Dec. 7, 2009

How odd, I saw this on YT literally 5 minutes ago.
It’s a good video.

[…] Direct link here addthis_pub = 'cortjezter'; addthis_hide_embed = false; addthis_options = 'delicious, digg, email, facebook, google, live, myspace, slashdot, stumbleupon, twitter'; Permalink | Trackback | View Trackbacks No trackbacks recorded […]

Jungyin said on Dec. 7, 2009

I believe these things are called “MAD”s, though I can’t remember what it stands for.

shirokiryuu said on Dec. 7, 2009

Yeah, it’s sung by Hatsune Miku, written by doriko I think. This song is insanely popular on Nico Nico Douga. =) Cool find!

Minawa said on Dec. 7, 2009

I saw this the day it first came out, It was beautiful.
Yet seein Claus hurts me

Shyamalan said on Dec. 7, 2009

Claus X Marshmallow? It’s so obvious! Why didn’t I see it before?!

YumeMaxx said on Dec. 7, 2009

This is actually another one of many “Change the opening/ending of [Anime] to feature characters and elements from [Video Game] videos” that you commonly see on Nico Douga.

While I can’t actually find the video at this moment, an example would be a video I saw that had the opening to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni remade using Kirby characters.

YumeMaxx said on Dec. 7, 2009

ACTUALLY- After researching a little further, I think I’m wrong about it and am at a loss for another explanation

Portal-Kombat said on Dec. 7, 2009

How Kumatora appeared in this video is how I picture what she’d look like. Part of what I like about Mother 3’s graphics is that you can imagine them in different styles easier because they’re presented in simple sprites- but the sprites themselves are very well-animated. For this reason, I think it is some of the best animation of its kind.

Linkdude20002001 said on Dec. 7, 2009

I like this art style for Mother 3. It would be cool to see a Mother 3 anime that looked like this.

Cylinderworm said on Dec. 7, 2009

Wow, that was a tasty solo.

Lukas said on Dec. 8, 2009

I know EXACTLY who made this!
Well…not in person but she’s a friend on youtube.

Lukas said on Dec. 8, 2009

You should see her other works.
(Theree not all her works, just the ones focusing on MOTHER characters)

(And her freakest one)

Karma said on Dec. 9, 2009

One thing that I will never understand.

Why does every artist that draws Earthbound seem intent on completly altering Duster’s character design to look like a stereotypical “anime pretty boy”?

Duster was actually a likeable, down to earth, and relatable character who was ugly as sin with a bum leg.

I never liked how virtually every anime aritst that draws Mother 3, has to pretty him up. And then draw him in a way that absolutely does not resemble what he really looks like, at all.

shibaru said on Dec. 9, 2009

MIKU PLAYS MOTHER 😯
I was going to make Mother characters for MMD… o.o..
I’m too lazy… That would be too much bone editing… Probly could make SOME of them without much bone fixing… I could probly make Miss Marshmallow… Kumatora… Maybe Duster but males are hard (His bum leg would make it even harder…) I could probly do Lucas easily…

Leirin said on Dec. 9, 2009

Well-done video. Shame happen to hate Vocaloids, or else I would’ve gotten full enjoyment from watching this. Quality fan animation though. πŸ˜› Though that first shot of Claus is a little cringey…

Axl-fox said on Dec. 9, 2009

@ Karma: I absolutely agree

in fact i dont like how anime artist draw Mother characters at all, I can’t just imagine Ness beng the “pretty Sasuke-esqued boy” and each time they draw Lucas, he ends looking like the uke of some yaoi anime

clay model/SSB style Mother characters is so underrated

PS: Claus x Ms. Marshmallow, japanese people are crazy

- said on Dec. 10, 2009

i’ve never heard of this song, but the video was beautiful. i’ve never seen or even heard of miss marshmallow being portrayed that way…i don’t mean so much as clausxmissmarshmallow, more how they show that she is a robot, but she’s also a very real person. the thing i don’t get is this: why do videos like this throw ness in at random times? i don’t know what the song means, so does ness have any significance??

wishydude said on Dec. 10, 2009

bodacious!

these are called MAD’s which are basically japanese music from one medium added to another medium which is either made by the one creating a MAD (like a flash movie) as an alusion to another medium, or a medium that previously existed

whats interesting is that vocaloids are widly used to make things MAD’s, but this time the flash made the song part of the MAD

Anonymous said on Dec. 10, 2009

If I were in charege of naming these things, I would call them FAVGMV’s
Flash
Anime
Video
Game
Music
Videos

Well for American audiences, anyway.

Ok said on Jan. 26, 2010

I think I’m crazy or something,but for some reason I think that ms. marshmallow is supposed to be a female ness.

Ultrapyre said on Mar. 30, 2010

It’s like one of those opening anime videos, and this one is on Mother 3, or at least, a sidestory.
What I thought once i saw the video was that Ms. marshmallow was once a doll left behind by Paula of the chosen four, and got somehow delivered to nowhere islands and animated to guard the Friend’s Yoyo, and she and Claus fall in love for a short time before Porky set them to work.

AmrasFelagund said on Apr. 3, 2010

Wow… I literally just finished watching this video on my own just minutes before I found this EBC update.

For some reason, I always kinda sorta shipped Claus & Li’l Miss Marshmallow. My mind goes to weird places…

o-o said on Apr. 28, 2010

Apparently this video came from a mother fangame called Mother Theory, or at least that’s what the youtube comments say.
If it really exists…someone translate it plz? D8

Tetra said on May. 18, 2010

Yeah it’s based off of a Japanese game called MOTHER Theory. My friend on youtube told me about it,
“A fan-based game called MOTHER Theory. It tells the story of what happened to Claus after he went missing and how Porky made him and Electra both robots. After becoming robots, they’re good friends until Claus hears the news that Electra was killed by Lucas (even though it was optional in MOTHER 3.) Claus swears avengance for her against Lucas. But in theο»Ώ fight for the 7th needle, he realizes he was attacking his own brother. He gives it all up, to go join Electra and Hinawa in heaven. Sad game.”

motherman said on Aug. 8, 2010

why is the mother seireis put in animae so much? i prefer the cartoonish one with dot-ish eyes!