An EarthBound Birthday Cake
YouTube user dudaw12 posted this yesterday. It’s a re-creation of Tazmily from EarthBound 64 in Mario 64. It’s not completely accurate due to technical limitations and the differences between the two games’ engines, but it’s still a neat look at what might have been.
I’ve made yet another fun level using Frauber’s wavefront obj importer.
This level is from the canceled game “MOTHER 3 N64″ aka “Earthbound 64″. This is not a model from the actual game; it’s only a remake. This was a pretty hard model to make because of all of the goofy graphics that the beta game used. Mario 64 can only support so many vertices that I could only manage to do one half of this level. I won’t release it because it has some glitches which make it a bit unstable.
I hope you MOTHER and SM64 fans like this
Thanks to BottleRocket for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to 3D Tazmily Recreated in Mario 64
- MOTHERFAN77: Looks Great! I saw this on YouTube a couple of weeks ago. Ever since I heard it sings the Eight Melodies I wanted it since the Eight...
- mellow-osity: I’ll be excited to see if anyone mods the figures – like people turning Link into Dark Link.
- mellow-osity: Looks awesome! Following the Twitter account now.
- wow: Actually, this sounds VERY interesting. I’m telling the biology teacher.
- neonix: Like Motdrafin said. I’ve done linoleum carving before and I can say it takes quite a patient person to do something with such...