EarthBound Level Challenge Hack!
YouTube user dudaw12 posted this yesterday. It’s a re-creation of Tazmily from EarthBound 64 in Mario 64. It’s not completely accurate due to technical limitations and the differences between the two games’ engines, but it’s still a neat look at what might have been.
I’ve made yet another fun level using Frauber’s wavefront obj importer.
This level is from the canceled game “MOTHER 3 N64” aka “Earthbound 64”. This is not a model from the actual game; it’s only a remake. This was a pretty hard model to make because of all of the goofy graphics that the beta game used. Mario 64 can only support so many vertices that I could only manage to do one half of this level. I won’t release it because it has some glitches which make it a bit unstable.
I hope you MOTHER and SM64 fans like this 🙂
Thanks to BottleRocket for the tip!
Other Related Posts:
25 Comments to 3D Tazmily Recreated in Mario 64
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...