Shigesato Itoi, Giygas, and Boobies
A while ago I posted about an event put together by Japanese MOTHER fans called 321 MOTHER. You can read about the 2006 event here.
A couple weeks ago the 2009 event took place, and this time three regular visitors here attended, Kyosuke, Chewy, and Izumi. Chewy was kind enough to write up a report about the 2009 event, which you can read here.
She also took some pics of the swag she procured while there. I think her arms exploded trying to carry it all:
Judging by the results of the poll in the 2006 event write-up, it sounds like people would love to have something similar outside of Japan too. What kind of stuff would an non-Japan EarthBound convention have, though? Would it mostly be cosplay stuff/sharing fan-made stuff, or would there be more to it? It’d be neat if someone with a lot of money and free time put together a big EarthBound con.
Other Related Posts:
39 Comments to 321 MOTHER Fan Event (2009)
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?