Shigesato Itoi’s Gold Mine Adventure
A while ago I posted about an event put together by Japanese MOTHER fans called 321 MOTHER. You can read about the 2006 event here.
A couple weeks ago the 2009 event took place, and this time three regular visitors here attended, Kyosuke, Chewy, and Izumi. Chewy was kind enough to write up a report about the 2009 event, which you can read here.
She also took some pics of the swag she procured while there. I think her arms exploded trying to carry it all:
Judging by the results of the poll in the 2006 event write-up, it sounds like people would love to have something similar outside of Japan too. What kind of stuff would an non-Japan EarthBound convention have, though? Would it mostly be cosplay stuff/sharing fan-made stuff, or would there be more to it? It’d be neat if someone with a lot of money and free time put together a big EarthBound con.
Other Related Posts:
39 Comments to 321 MOTHER Fan Event (2009)
- Chivi-chivik: Didn’t expect Splatoon to go first, honestly (>ヮ<)
- Leeaux: This is cool. Man it must have taken forever for him to do all these though. Geez! Bless you Tomato! This is all I have while I wait on...
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...