Earthbound  (Super NES, 1995)

December 27th, 2009 | Merchandise, MOTHER 3, Uncommon Knowledge

A while back someone asked me how you can tell the difference between a 2006 MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn and a 2009 one. Not knowing the answer, I asked the readers here. A few days later, neonix sent in this nice and detailed info :D

The secret is in the tag. On front, the most noticeable difference is that the ’09 plushies don’t have the Mr. Saturn writing, but just the normal font that was in parentheses on the ’06 ones. The (R) that would be after the MOTHER logo is also missing on the 2009s.

On the back, the last two digits of the year are seen after the ST, the phone number has been changed, and some numbers towards the bottom are different (I don’t know Japanese, so maybe the writing in front of those numbers says what they are). Anyway, those are the differences I noticed. There might be more on the inside, but I don’t want to tear open the tags to find out.

tagcompare

So there you have it! Collectors and people curious about which one they have will probably find this info especially useful.

10 Comments to 2006 vs. 2009 Mr. Saturn Plushes

Ninji said on Dec. 27, 2009

Well, now you know kids! Anyhow, how come they made such minor differences for the plushies? Didn’t they just make MORE for the 2009 ones? No original new design? what a rip-off! :)

Yoshimad123 said on Dec. 27, 2009

I love how part of the phone number is 1101.

KHMatt154 said on Dec. 27, 2009

when will your patch be done? I’ve been waiting for a year now.

neonix said on Dec. 27, 2009

Yay, I contributed

KingDarian said on Dec. 27, 2009

Aww, man. Now I’ll have to get a 2009 model to complete my collection. :P

LucasTizma said on Dec. 28, 2009

@KingDarian: I know, me too! XD The list of MOTHER things that I have to own keeps getting longer and longer.

Anyone happen to have an EB Anthology that they want to give me? ;)

Ninji said on Dec. 28, 2009

@LucasTizma, wow, how do you guys even GET those plushies without coughing up some serious amount of dough(money) on ebay? Or do you use YAJ and Celga? And how come the EB Anthology was never put up for sale?

KingDarian said on Dec. 28, 2009

Licensing issues. We didn’t wanna get sued by Big N(although, I seriously doubt they’d care enough about a fanart anthology). At least you get a free digital version to peruse.

Ninji said on Dec. 28, 2009

@LucasTizma again, I don’t happen to have a copy of EB Anthology , but I DO happen to have the holy grail of EB Merchandise, the MACH PIZZA AIR FRESHENER oh yeah! :D

neonix said on Dec. 30, 2009

The air freshener has always been really cool, but I’d have to say there’s much rarer and sought after swag.