Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3
Popular Posts:None found
November 29th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Some interesting stuff showed up on EB Central this past week, like an EarthBound Zero prototype auction, some magazine articles, and some interesting trivia. So here’s some other EarthBound stuff that’s happened elsewhere on the Internet this past week.
- Post de hoy: HOLYSHIT Earthbound
- Mozilla Fire-bound e Resultados!
- Shigesato Itoi reiterates that he’s done making Mother games
- The Morality of Perverted Pillowcases
- Mother 3 Spieletagebuch Teil 3
- Goodwill Hunting episode 1: SNES and the blank cartridge
I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
The big news this week was of course the EarthBound Zero prototype that hit eBay recently, but there’ve been plenty of other cool EarthBound things as well this past week.
Remember, you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!
- MOTHER 2 choose-your-own-adventure RPG game book – this is probably the highlight of the week, not only is this rare outside of Japan, it’s only $18!
- MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushie – very good price!
- MOTHER 2 4-koma manga comic book – semi-rare and a pretty decent price
- Another MOTHER 2 4-koma manga comic book – an excellent deal, I highly recommend this one
- Here’s a somewhat rare MOTHER 2 manga, quite a bit overpriced I would say, though
- Giant MOTHER 2 Mr. Saturn plush – I dunno, I think people are still asking way too much for these, but if you have some money to burn, this is a good way to go
- EarthBound complete with game, box, and guide – pretty good deal compared to the average price of complete EarthBound sets!
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 novels
- Used MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box
- Cool-looking ad flier for Itoi’s N64 fishing game
And stuff on Amazon:
- EarthBound carts starting at $74 this week – that’s the lowest I’ve seen it in a long while, if ever at Amazon 😯
- MOTHER 1+2 soundtrack CDs available from Amazon – there weren’t any available a while back, I guess I didn’t notice when news ones popped up
What’s Up With Itoi
- This past week Itoi saw 2012. He said the theater was packed. He didn’t go into whether he liked the movie or not, but he did say that the progress of computer graphics is really surprising now, and that future movies about disasters on a world scale will probably always be compared to this one in terms of the way it’s shown.
Back by somewhat popular demand, figure out what’s wrong with this screenshot!
Today is Sunday – go play EarthBound!
Other Related Posts:
35 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #46
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.