November 15th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

Another week down already! I’m still trying out this newer & slimmer weekly round-up style. Anyway, let’s have a quick look at EarthBound stuff from around the web during this past week:

Community News

I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Here’s some cool stuff that turned up this past week. Don’t forget you can also see all the EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay all gathered in one handy place here!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

And stuff on Amazon:

What’s Up With Itoi

• Itoi’s 61st birthday happened this past week. It sounds like people who sent him happy birthday messages got a message in return. The messages were all the same and in Japanese, and I intend to translate it and post it here in the next few days, but it was basically a well thought out thank you message from Itoi himself.

Final Thought

Would you ever buy a $14 hamburger? I think I would, but only if I knew it was going to be super-top quality.

17 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #44

curiouspasserby said on Nov. 15, 2009

I’d buy a $14 dollar hamburger if I got money from my dad for beating up runaway dogs and spiteful crows. Sadly I don’t see myself entering a ring of “animal bounty hunters” anytime soon πŸ˜‰

Poe said on Nov. 15, 2009

If they used kobe beef, yes. But I know such a burger would be much higher than $14 ;_;

hollow leviathan said on Nov. 15, 2009

If this hamburger can instantly heal all wounds on my body, it’s really cheap compared against current healthcare.

Sisto said on Nov. 15, 2009

If it’s good… I guess I would buy a $14 burger just to say I did.

Darien said on Nov. 15, 2009

I was in Las Vegas a few weeks ago and had a wagyu rib eye for $10/oz. That was pretty darn expensive.

Poe: I have a case of kobe burgers in the freezer at the restaurant. No fooling. I should cost those out and see how much I’d have to charge. πŸ™‚

Felipe said on Nov. 15, 2009

I would buy a 14$ burguer. I guess most of you are from USA, but in my country McDonalds burguers cost 11$, which is almost 14$.

Poe said on Nov. 15, 2009

Felipe – do you mean the regular small burgers or the special ones like Big Macs? Because I hope the small burgers don’t cost THAT much.

Xi said on Nov. 15, 2009

I have bought a $14 hamburger before, and enjoyed every bite of it. πŸ™‚

Elobo said on Nov. 15, 2009

Depends on the quality of the burger. And condiments must be included. I don’t want to pay $2 for some ketchup or whatever :P.

Q said on Nov. 15, 2009

That Mr. Saturn FUN BOOK looks pretty cool.

Vinny said on Nov. 16, 2009

Earthbound took place during a time of hyper inflation. Hence, why everything cost so much.

Felipe said on Nov. 16, 2009

Special ones like Big mac, and others exclusive to here.

santiagoff said on Nov. 16, 2009

I’d never buy a hamburger for that :V

Darien said on Nov. 16, 2009

I checked; my raw cost on the kobe burgers is about $2.50 apiece, so realistically we’re looking at around $8.50 served. Far cry from $14, I’m afraid.

Of course, I could load it up with fancy additions and make it $14. Perhaps I’ll run that to celebrate an EB anniversary sometime, call it the Onett Deluxe. Nobody will have any idea what that means. πŸ™‚

Poe said on Nov. 17, 2009

Darien, I want to visit your restaurant. omggggg

Poe said on Nov. 17, 2009

Oh Darien – June 2010 is EB’s 15th anniversary (in America). The perfect excuse to celebrate with Onett Deluxe burgers!! If you do make them, pleeeease take a pic and share with the masses on EB Central~

Darien said on Nov. 17, 2009

I’ll do it if I remember. June is a long way away. πŸ˜‰