Inside an EarthBound Cartridge
A little while back Spitball Sparky posted some scans from a MOTHER 2 strategy guide on the Lumine Hall forums. They’re like the fake newspaper pages found in the EarthBound Player’s Guide, but the attempt to use English in the headlines has really funny results. Check ’em out!
I love how sometimes the words are inconsistent from page to page, like their spelling of Kraken 😛 And oh man I love that sub-headline about the fin soup!
I don’t know what guide these come from though. Anyone know? I’d love to know more details about all the Japanese guides.
Other Related Posts:
42 Comments to MOTHER 2 Strategy Guide Engrish
- Mother2fan: I can’t even fathom why they would make such a minute change to that battle background.
- DJMankiewicz: Very interesting. I had suspected that Earthbound’s “dulled” battle effects were done in emulator rather than as a...
- Chivi-chivik: I think that the lightning change in the ‘PK Flash get’ animation was put so you can see better how the lightning strikes...
- joe411: Perhaps some changes were made since the Wii U’s GBA emukator adds a darker color filter?
- Mato: DIO: We checked those too, Mother 2 has so many versions that I dunno what to call the Wii U version, but it and the New 3DS ones are the...