I Think I’m Teaching Japanese
A little while back Spitball Sparky posted some scans from a MOTHER 2 strategy guide on the Lumine Hall forums. They’re like the fake newspaper pages found in the EarthBound Player’s Guide, but the attempt to use English in the headlines has really funny results. Check ‘em out!
I love how sometimes the words are inconsistent from page to page, like their spelling of Kraken And oh man I love that sub-headline about the fin soup!
I don’t know what guide these come from though. Anyone know? I’d love to know more details about all the Japanese guides.
Other Related Posts:
42 Comments to MOTHER 2 Strategy Guide Engrish
- game4brains: To clarify my statement on the graphics being “awful”, I’m referring to how the GBA’s lack of a backlight...
- Anonymous: @Lloyd Jeffney Thanks for clarifying that.
- Lloyd Jeffney: @Anonymous There wasn’t a problem with the Octopus statue, it’s just in Japan it was used for a pun that would not work...
- Chivi-chivik: It’s quite funny how Nintendo’s so old yet almost nobody knows that XD (I already knew that, that’s why I’m...
- Mother2fan: Wow, 125 years… Happy Birthday, Nintendo.