November 28th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, Images, Merchandise, MOTHER 1+2

A good while back Antiaverage scanned the MOTHER 1+2 CD and booklet and zipped them all up. The zip includes .png files as well as Photoshop PSD files, and all together they weigh in at 40 or 50 MB. If you’re interested, you can get the file here.

One neat thing about the booklet is that it lists which musician did which songs. Of course it isn’t comprehensive; the CD doesn’t contain every song from both games. But one thing I’d like to do someday (probably not anytime soon) is compile a list of all the songs and then try to figure out to the best of our knowledge who worked on each song. And this MOTHER 1+2 booklet will be pretty useful for that :D

13 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Soundtrack Scans

Antiaverage said on Nov. 28, 2009

Thanks for posting this, I hope it’s useful.

Ninji said on Nov. 28, 2009

Cool, I guess, and also 2nd comment!! :)

Ninji said on Nov. 28, 2009

By the way, Mato and everybody else hates me here for some odd reason… I think Mato has a grudge on me…. :(

Carl said on Nov. 28, 2009

Maybe you shouldn’t post so much unless you actually have something to say. Posting just to say “cool” doesn’t exactly add anything to the discussion. And we don’t need you to tell us that yours is the second post in the thread. If anyone really cared about that, they would be able to figure it out by using the power of counting.

Karma said on Nov. 28, 2009

lol@Carl. Yeah. That’s pretty much it. Kids that don’t realize how annoying they are being to everyone else.

Yeah, this booklet is awesome. It makes me wish I could read japanese.

pidgezero_one said on Nov. 28, 2009

Do scans like this exist for the other 3 albums? I’ll make ‘em if no one’s done it yet.

Linkzcap said on Nov. 29, 2009

I actually have the booklet for Mother 1+2 myself because the guy at the imported games store had it with the game. It was pretty cool looking at all of the 3D pictures for Mother 1 (and Mother 2).

darkgreen_orange said on Nov. 29, 2009

Ah, I find this very interesting. VGMdb has a page for this album with a listing at the bottom of this page for who composed what. But it would be great to have those comments in the booklet translated!

Xi said on Nov. 29, 2009

@Ninji

Why do you need this attention? Noone here “hates” you, and what would Mato have a “grudge” against you for? Do you even know what that word means?

You need to not take things so personally. This is a website dedicated to interesting tidbits about the Mother series that even huge Mother fans may not know about. That is why we are members here. Mato has done a good job of keeping the information interesting and relevant. If you sent him something you considered interesting and he didn’t post it, chances are he didn’t feel it would be interesting or relevant to the members here. And he was right, it wasn’t. It was a RECYCLE symbol on a CARDBOARD box. All SNES games, as well as many products in America that come in Cardboard boxes, come with that symbol on it. It has nothing to do with Earthbound, it has to do with Cardboard.

But that may have been the first time you had seen that symbol, and that’s fine. But you whined in a thread about Mato not posting your thread about the box, so against his better judgement, he posted your thread about the box. And behold, it got exactly the reaction he should have expected. And now, in this thread, you are upset about the reaction to your thread about the cardboard box. Why does it matter?

This website isn’t about the people. There are no post counts, no signatures, no badges. It isn’t about being a cool person or having people like you, worrying about your name being “hated”, or improving your reputation. If you want that kind of play, go over to starmen. This site isn’t about the people, it’s about the discussion. This website is about information, and intelligent (or at least something resembling intelligent) discussion of that information. “Cool, I guess, and also 2nd comment!! :)” is not a productive comment, and does nothing to further the discussion. You’ll notice that some posts only have 8 replies to them. That is not because there are only 8 members here, that is because only 8 people had something worthwhile to say.

Just chill out, friend. You don’t need to reply to every post. Just sit, back, relax, and enjoy the show. :)

santiagoff said on Nov. 29, 2009

Cool =D

Xi said on Nov. 29, 2009

@Mato, or anyone who knows the answer: I’ve been wondering, do you know of any material by Keiichi Suzuki that resembles his eclectic work in the Mother series? I’ve looked at some of the Moonriders’ product (not that much, mind you, so I may have missed some things), and it doesn’t seem to jive with what I loved in Earthbound.

Mato said on Nov. 29, 2009

Xi: I’m not too well-versed with everything he’s done, but if you’re not finding the Moonriders to your liking, maybe you can try some of the CDs/tapes/etc. he’s done on his own. He probably has a discography on his site, which I’ve linked to a few times in the past in some posts.

Seifer said on Nov. 29, 2009

On page 3, Mother 2 is spelled with roman numerals (Mother II). I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before.