MOTHER 3 Menu Patch = Happy
Popular Posts:None found
As I’ve mentioned several times in previous posts, I’m quite busy with work and work-related stuff at the moment, so progress on my MOTHER 1+2 project has been very slow. It’s going to stay this way for a few months more at least, but I thought I’d give a quick status report and a small patch for testing.
Right now there isn’t a whole lot of hard work left on the patch, mainly lots of little things all over the place. I also need to put together a menu patch for the MOTHER 2 portion. Right now I’m working on things like the game select screen, the intro screen, and the naming screens. I was also playtesting the translation for context issues and to document bugs, I got to Duncan’s Factory and then died, and for some reason I always stop playing the game at that point. But that’s where I am now.
Anyway, one thing that I sorely need is an archive of save files from throughout the game. If anyone knows of any MOTHER 1+2 save file archives out there, please let me know. If there aren’t any, it’d help me a lot if someone could play through the game and make many save files at various parts of the game. Normal save files, though, not save states.
Also, since I don’t have much time to test it out myself, I was hoping some folks here might be willing to try out the Easy Ring item and see how the gameplay balance is. So I whipped up a patch that has just the Easy Ring stuff in it. Apply the patch and then check the leftmost box in the basement. It’ll have “ITEM55” in it. Equip it and then play through the game.
You can get the patch here. There are more details in the text file included. The Easy Ring item will make the game a lot easier while also reducing the enemy encounter rate. At least that’s my hope anyway, I still need people to test-drive it 😛
Actually, now that I think about it, a big archive of save files (not save states!) would be very helpful to have for BOTH games in MOTHER 1+2. Anybody willing to put some together?
Other Related Posts:
92 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Easy Ring Beta
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.