Return of Shat-Canned Legends: MOTHER 3
As I’ve mentioned several times in previous posts, I’m quite busy with work and work-related stuff at the moment, so progress on my MOTHER 1+2 project has been very slow. It’s going to stay this way for a few months more at least, but I thought I’d give a quick status report and a small patch for testing.
Right now there isn’t a whole lot of hard work left on the patch, mainly lots of little things all over the place. I also need to put together a menu patch for the MOTHER 2 portion. Right now I’m working on things like the game select screen, the intro screen, and the naming screens. I was also playtesting the translation for context issues and to document bugs, I got to Duncan’s Factory and then died, and for some reason I always stop playing the game at that point. But that’s where I am now.
Anyway, one thing that I sorely need is an archive of save files from throughout the game. If anyone knows of any MOTHER 1+2 save file archives out there, please let me know. If there aren’t any, it’d help me a lot if someone could play through the game and make many save files at various parts of the game. Normal save files, though, not save states.
Also, since I don’t have much time to test it out myself, I was hoping some folks here might be willing to try out the Easy Ring item and see how the gameplay balance is. So I whipped up a patch that has just the Easy Ring stuff in it. Apply the patch and then check the leftmost box in the basement. It’ll have “ITEM55” in it. Equip it and then play through the game.
You can get the patch here. There are more details in the text file included. The Easy Ring item will make the game a lot easier while also reducing the enemy encounter rate. At least that’s my hope anyway, I still need people to test-drive it 😛
Actually, now that I think about it, a big archive of save files (not save states!) would be very helpful to have for BOTH games in MOTHER 1+2. Anybody willing to put some together?
Other Related Posts:
92 Comments to MOTHER 1+2 Easy Ring Beta
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!