Big ol’ Japanese entertainment stats/info corporation Oricon recently held a survey to find the games that make people cry the most. The top five results were:
- Final Fantasy X
- Dragon Quest V
- Final Fantasy VII
- MOTHER 2
Additionally, they list a couple quotes from survey-takers for each one. For MOTHER 2, this is what some survey takers said:
“I cried so much from the last boss fight through to the ending that I couldn’t even see the screen.”
Chiba Prefecture / Age 10-19 / Female
“It’s a fun game; so many things in it are filled with wit.”
Kumamoto Prefecture / Age 20-29 / Male
It’s cool that a MOTHER game ranked so high on such a list, but it seems strange to me that they chose the second game over the third game. But whatever works 😛
There are a number of articles on English gaming sites about this. Check out Kombo’s article, for example. Thanks to O-Suchin and TS for the heads-up!
Other Related Posts:
85 Comments to EarthBound is Sad
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...