Just Slap EarthBound On It
Big ol’ Japanese entertainment stats/info corporation Oricon recently held a survey to find the games that make people cry the most. The top five results were:
- Final Fantasy X
- Dragon Quest V
- Final Fantasy VII
- MOTHER 2
Additionally, they list a couple quotes from survey-takers for each one. For MOTHER 2, this is what some survey takers said:
“I cried so much from the last boss fight through to the ending that I couldn’t even see the screen.”
Chiba Prefecture / Age 10-19 / Female
“It’s a fun game; so many things in it are filled with wit.”
Kumamoto Prefecture / Age 20-29 / Male
It’s cool that a MOTHER game ranked so high on such a list, but it seems strange to me that they chose the second game over the third game. But whatever works 😛
There are a number of articles on English gaming sites about this. Check out Kombo’s article, for example. Thanks to O-Suchin and TS for the heads-up!
Other Related Posts:
85 Comments to EarthBound is Sad
- Mike: Also, I have to post once more to say: The cover texture effect is incredible and so Earthboundy. So many details like that make this utterly...
- Mike: I just received my copy this week, and it is amazing. The fact that you didn’t just throw a bunch of Earthbound localization facts, but...
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!