Jazzy EarthBound Remix
Big ol’ Japanese entertainment stats/info corporation Oricon recently held a survey to find the games that make people cry the most. The top five results were:
- Final Fantasy X
- Dragon Quest V
- Final Fantasy VII
- MOTHER 2
Additionally, they list a couple quotes from survey-takers for each one. For MOTHER 2, this is what some survey takers said:
“I cried so much from the last boss fight through to the ending that I couldn’t even see the screen.”
Chiba Prefecture / Age 10-19 / Female
“It’s a fun game; so many things in it are filled with wit.”
Kumamoto Prefecture / Age 20-29 / Male
It’s cool that a MOTHER game ranked so high on such a list, but it seems strange to me that they chose the second game over the third game. But whatever works 😛
There are a number of articles on English gaming sites about this. Check out Kombo’s article, for example. Thanks to O-Suchin and TS for the heads-up!
Other Related Posts:
85 Comments to EarthBound is Sad
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...