Japanese MOTHER 2 Food Gallery
Aerostella came across this scan from the November 1999 issue of Game Informer. In it, it previews EarthBound 64 but calls it EarthBound 3.
(click for full size)
Back then I don’t think it was called EarthBound 3 by anyone anywhere, so I’m guessing the editors tried to fix the game’s numbering issue themselves. Even Nintendo Power and Nintendo’s site were calling it EarthBound 64 at the time. The part about directing energy based on the battle environment is completely new to me, it sounds more like they didn’t know how the sound battles (which were functional in the Spaceworld 1999 demos) were supposed to work. Also, I guess the GI writers back then didn’t like the French or something 😛
Anyway, this is another interesting look back at the old days at least. If anyone else comes across old magazine scans about any of the MOTHER/EarthBound series, please send ’em in!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound 3 in Game Informer
Featured Item on eBay:
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.