Poll: Favorite Place in EarthBound
Aerostella came across this scan from the November 1999 issue of Game Informer. In it, it previews EarthBound 64 but calls it EarthBound 3.
(click for full size)
Back then I don’t think it was called EarthBound 3 by anyone anywhere, so I’m guessing the editors tried to fix the game’s numbering issue themselves. Even Nintendo Power and Nintendo’s site were calling it EarthBound 64 at the time. The part about directing energy based on the battle environment is completely new to me, it sounds more like they didn’t know how the sound battles (which were functional in the Spaceworld 1999 demos) were supposed to work. Also, I guess the GI writers back then didn’t like the French or something 😛
Anyway, this is another interesting look back at the old days at least. If anyone else comes across old magazine scans about any of the MOTHER/EarthBound series, please send ’em in!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound 3 in Game Informer
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...
- Castaway: I bought this right away! Can’t wait for mine to come in. I do have a concern, though. It says my order went through yet I...