More EB Zero Map Differences
Aerostella came across this scan from the November 1999 issue of Game Informer. In it, it previews EarthBound 64 but calls it EarthBound 3.
(click for full size)
Back then I don’t think it was called EarthBound 3 by anyone anywhere, so I’m guessing the editors tried to fix the game’s numbering issue themselves. Even Nintendo Power and Nintendo’s site were calling it EarthBound 64 at the time. The part about directing energy based on the battle environment is completely new to me, it sounds more like they didn’t know how the sound battles (which were functional in the Spaceworld 1999 demos) were supposed to work. Also, I guess the GI writers back then didn’t like the French or something 😛
Anyway, this is another interesting look back at the old days at least. If anyone else comes across old magazine scans about any of the MOTHER/EarthBound series, please send ’em in!
Other Related Posts:
11 Comments to EarthBound 3 in Game Informer
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!