October 18th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

Another quick weekly round-up this week. Here’s what done gone happened these past days.

EarthBound News

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

I updated the EarthBound / MOTHER auction thingy so that it should grab some of the more poorly-named/poorly-categorized stuff on eBay now. Way back when I started this site it used to get 130 things, now it’s getting 230+ 😯

Also, if you’re into RSS feeds, here’s a really good one that keeps tabs on EarthBound / MOTHER stuff on eBay too.

Anyway, here’s some cool stuff that turned up this past week!

And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:

Community News

Moo, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

What’s Up With Itoi

• Itoi attended some award ceremony thing this week so most of his updates were about it. I didn’t find it too interesting, so I didn’t jot down any notes. Other than that, not too much of interest this week.

End

Again, very busy this week. Someday I think I’ll take a vacation, but not for a while still πŸ˜› If it gets too hard for me to update here, I might invite guest writers. We shall see, I think it might be interesting to try sometime anyway πŸ˜€

8 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #40

Sisto said on Oct. 18, 2009

You need a vacation, Tomato.

hollow leviathan said on Oct. 18, 2009

Moo is fairly conclusive proof that you’re slightly too busy for your own good.

LucasTizma said on Oct. 18, 2009

Ssh. Don’t tell anyone else about the M3 Franklin Badge at YAJ. πŸ˜‰

Talbot said on Oct. 19, 2009

That pato61 site is a huge rip-off of actionbutton.net. Quite shameless.

Ice Sage said on Oct. 19, 2009

@LucasTizma: Yeah, well, I saw that and immediately jumped to the conclusion that it was an EB0 badge and freaked out…until I realized a second later that it was M3’s version. I’m way too hopeful, it seems (I already bought a M3 Deluxe Box a couple months ago).

And I see I’m not the only one who needs a vacation. Junior year in high school is really stressful right now. But of course, I’m not juggling as nearly as much stuff as you are, Mato. πŸ˜‰

LucasTizma said on Oct. 20, 2009

Son of a…! Some idiot stole my Franklin Badge for 1Β₯ higher than I bid! >:O Oh well. I, too, have an M3 Deluxe Box, but I really wanted another Franklin Badge that I could take out of the package.

And yes, I freaked out as well when I first saw it…thought it was an M1 Franklin Badge. XD

Ice Sage said on Oct. 20, 2009

Ouch, sorry about that. I swear it wasn’t me! πŸ˜›

Actually, I’ve been thinking about those M1 FBs for a while now. There really is no way to figure out where they are now, much less get really good quality pics of them (unless someone on Starmen.net has one or something). People tend to forget things they bought when they were kids 20 years ago, but they were given out in an auction, and they’re worth a lot…

I just don’t know how to go about finding out more about these, since I’m about as illiterate in anything Japanese as possible. It’s frustrating. πŸ™

pidgezero_one said on Oct. 23, 2009