MOTHER / EB Zero Retrospective
October 11th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Last week I was too busy to post a weekly round-up, and I almost didn’t post one again this week. I’ve been super busy on real-life work and on an interesting project that I think people will like, but it’s got a few more months of work until it’s ready. Anyway, that’s what the deal lately has been.
Anyway, since I don’t have much time, this week’s round-up will be short and sweet again. So here’s what’s gone on this past week to two weeks:
- Poll: Have you eaten out of the trash?
- An EarthBound-themed birthday party!
- Some fan-made Uncontrollable Sphere plushes
- Lucas lookalike in Foster’s Home cartoon
- Saturn Valley music box
- Team Fortress 2 meets EarthBound
- EarthBound is a two-player game!
- Eat Ness! He is in cake form!
- Some cool 8-bit-ish versions of MOTHER 3 music
- Magnet Hill is real
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
I’ve seen a lot of cool stuff on eBay these past two weeks. Lots of Mr. Saturn plushies trading hands especially. Here’s some cool recent stuff that you might want to check out, but you can check what EarthBound / MOTHER stuff is on eBay at anytime here too.
- Rare MOTHER strategy guide, very cool-looking! – if you’re a collector, you gotta have this. I wish I had it myself even.
- EarthBound, E.V.O. (man I love that game), and Secret of Mana
- Official MOTHER novel – very rare & approved by Shigesato Itoi
- New MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plush for a decent price!
- MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box with GBA Micro – I’m pretty sure these will get more and more rare and expensive over time
- MOTHER 2 guide
- A different but also cool-looking MOTHER 2 guide
- And another cool-looking MOTHER 2 guide
- EarthBound complete
- Rare Earthbound scratch-n-sniff advertisement!
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Set of MOTHER 2 4-koma manga
- Fan-made Mr. Saturn fans
- That rare MOTHER 2 poster is still available
- Very rare official MOTHER 2 & Itoi-endorsed MOTHER 2 shirt
- Mr. Saturn is everywhere aaaaa
I also found some stuff on Amazon:
- EarthBound is $79-ish on Amazon this week
- No guides again this week on Amazon, that’s a few weeks in a row now. I wonder if they’re starting to become even rarer or something.
- Nothing is Sacred: Oh look, I found 20 bucks in the beast I just killed
- Mother 4 / Earthbound: Giygas Triumphant – Wish Fulfillment Finale
- The game collector’s guide: Earthbound for Super Nintendo
- Top 5 Artistic/Philosophical Video Games
- Mother 3 en castellano. Cómo se hizo – interview with Jimmytrius, guy who’s helping translate MOTHER 3 into Spain Spanish
I eat pancakes with my feet, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- Itoi mentioned this past week that everyone at his office has been playing Wii Fit religiously. He used to play it, but he’s been slacking off for about 100 days now. He’s decided he’s going to get back into it and go at his own pace. This is the first time he’s mentioned any game stuff in a long time. With all the visitors his sites gets, I bet there’ll be a small boost in Wii Fit sales for a day or so too 😛
I noticed Zelda 3 has a lot of EarthBoundy-elements, especially at the beginning. Zelda’s telepathic cries for help are like Paula’s. The game starts with Link snoring in bed, he gets up at night and leaves home to wander around. Guards are blocking paths everywhere for no real reason, like the cops in Onett. One of the guards even says “No reason for you to be here go back home now” or something like that, like the cops at the meteor in EarthBound. Just some random thoughts, obviously Zelda 3 came first 😛 Oh yeah, and the fortuneteller totally looks like a Happy Happyist.
Other Related Posts:
21 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #39
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...