October 23rd, 2009 | EarthBound, Videos

As many know by now, xfis is one crazy dude. Just check out his YouTube videos here – that’s only like 5% of his insanity level 😯

Anyway, he recently posted a “lost” episode of his /earthbound series, in which he re-enacts stuff from EarthBound in real life, usually in front of crowds of people. This particular episode is him walking around as one of the Trick or Trick Kids from Threed in EarthBound:

He’s got some real guts. 255 Guts.

Still, if you were walking somewhere and suddenly a pumpkin head guy came at you, what would you do?

21 Comments to Pumpkin Head

SamWibatt said on Oct. 23, 2009

My wife and I were in Sorrento, Italy some years ago during Carnivale and lots of people were in costume – including a little knot of about a dozen teenage boys all wearing natty pinstripe suits and pumpkin masks. They would wander here and there, occasionally finding a reason to “dance” – really just sort of madly shuffling their feet, stampita-stampita-stamp.

When they saw us one of them recognized us as foreigners and exclaimed “Inglese!” which was another cause for them to go stampita-stampita-stamp. It was charming as all get out.

So, pumpkin head guys have a good rep with me. I imagine I’d feel different if I saw a scary one.

Sisto said on Oct. 23, 2009

If it was a Trick or Trick kid, I would probably laugh, congratulate the guy on his awesome costume, and give the him some candy.

Swyldp said on Oct. 23, 2009

I find it funny how they just left the camera man behind at the end there.

missy said on Oct. 23, 2009

this is fantastic lol

if I saw someone walking around like that? I’d have to join them.

Cylinderworm said on Oct. 24, 2009

I saw that on the forums, that kid is a genius.
If a pumpkin man came at me, I would probably want to shake its hand, and maybe stick my finger in its eyehole

Poe said on Oct. 24, 2009

/earthbound is great, I wish he would do more of them!

JamesBond007 said on Oct. 24, 2009

The best dude for him – Trick or Trick Goomba from Super Mario Galaxy. 🙂

Jimi said on Oct. 24, 2009

“What does the scouter say about his guts level?”
“It’s over 8 bits”
“What? 8 Bits?”

Pyroguy42 said on Oct. 24, 2009

Never has and never will be another guy like Xfis to do this. Never noticed how tall he was before. If I met this guy on the street (Which I may, I go to Myrtle beach quite often) Give him a high five and give some money for being a sweet EB fan. The part where he is dancing with the Saxaphone guy fits the music.

Chimera said on Oct. 24, 2009

I have to do this

ZShock said on Oct. 24, 2009

He’s running away on Runaway Five’s!

Deiphobus said on Oct. 24, 2009

i love the dancing with the tenor sax guy

pooppoop said on Oct. 24, 2009

the sax-man doesn’t seem to enjoy his dancing as much as you all

Dorgannn said on Oct. 24, 2009

It doesn’t take much guts to walk with a pumpkin on your head. He needs to learn from Mega64.

The ending was pretty funny though.

??? said on Oct. 24, 2009

If I ever saw someone with a pumpkin on thier head, I’d ram into them until I gain some exp.

Axl-fox said on Oct. 24, 2009

I would offer him a pumpkin pie :U

CMB said on Oct. 25, 2009

Axi-fox:

Pumpkin Cannibals…that’s a sight worth seeing

Millhouse said on Oct. 25, 2009

I love /earthbound. If that guy had any more guts, he’d OVERFLOW. yes, -255 guts.

(on a curiosity side note: did they even use signed values? That would be unlogical, would it? So I guess an overflow would just result in 0 guts D:)

Fubuki said on Oct. 25, 2009

Dorgannn:

If you don’t think he has guts, then you should watch some of his other videos, where he (among other things) digs burgers out of trash cans and spouts off Buzz Buzz dialogue to random passerby while in a bee costume.

blahmoomoo said on Oct. 26, 2009

Millhouse: If they used signed values for whatever reason, the maximum value of an 8-bit signed number is 127 and the minimum value of -127. So I doubt they would make it signed, especially if values were made to go over 127 (therefore requiring a 16-bit number, which is a real waste in a limited system). So the answer is yes, an overflow would go to 0.

Mot_mot said on Oct. 27, 2009

Like the background music. I don’t like fighting my way through Threed, but love the music there. I think it’s funny how most of the people were just chatting idly as if that sort of thing happens all the time. Or does it?…..