What to Play After Finishing the MOTHER Series?
October 17th, 2009 | MOTHER 3
I realized that today is October 17th, which marks one year since we released the MOTHER 3 English translation patch. It’s really crazy and kind of scary that it’s already been a year 😯
Anyway, in the past year, the MOTHER 3 Handbook was released (including the free versions), translations into nine other languages started, an updated version of the English patch was released, and most of all, lots of people got to experience a cool game in sexy English.
If you haven’t already, I recommend checking out the extra stuff on the patch site, like the online quiz and that huge interview with Shigesato Itoi. Oh yeah, don’t forget about the full English script that I put online which also has all the unused text!
There’s still stuff I want to do with the project. I do plan to continue with the translation notes and unused stuff at some point, but it’s pretty low priority. When I make updates to them I’ll let people know here of course. There are also two bugs I want to fix at some point, so there might be a 1.2 patch at some point, but the project files are so confusing at this point that I don’t know when that might happen. The MOTHER 1+2 patch is still very very slowly coming along, but I haven’t had any time in the last month to work on it and have all my time currently invested in a different project that’s higher priority to me (which I’ll show later on). I also want to translate a bunch of interviews and developer notes at some point. So much to do, so little time 😛
Anyway, after a year, what are your thoughts about the game? Did it live up to your expectations in English? Would it have been better if Nintendo had released it? Do you want a MOTHER 4? Which game in the series is your favorite now? Do you have nightmares of kissing creepy oxygen machines?
Lastly, if you have time, check out all the MOTHER 3 content on EB Central here. There’s a lot of stuff there!
Other Related Posts:
66 Comments to MOTHER 3 Translation Turns 1
- .: I once bought Metroid: Other M for $5 at Best Buy in the bargain bin. It wasn’t the greatest Metroid ever, but for $5 it was a great game!
- Sato: @Apple Kid It’s probably a UK SNES, which has the same design as the Super Famicom. There’s the possibility that this is a...
- EileenThePizzaQueen: @adex As a (mediocre) feminist I want so badly to be able to defend you here. I absolutely get why you’d be...
- StarmanAlex: JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY
- adex: “Mother2fan” is just some perverted eurocreep who thinks females should be subjected to the naked male form whenever the...