The Origin of Dr. Andonuts’ Name
You might remember that in the recent past MightyYT22 did some hacking with the EarthBound ROM to create intros for MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3 as kind of neat “how well can it be done” experiments. If you don’t remember, see here and here.
Anyway, he’s done it again, this time he’s created an intro hack showing what an intro for an EarthBound-ified MOTHER 1 might’ve looked like:
Hacking the intro screens to EarthBound is a very tough and painstaking process, so it’s pretty awesome to see that much work put into it 😯 Also, if you feel like trying it out for yourself, you can get the image files and the IPS patch here.
EDIT: Also, check out the message board thread about it here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 1 Intro in EarthBound
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...