A Look at Shigesato Itoi
You might remember that in the recent past MightyYT22 did some hacking with the EarthBound ROM to create intros for MOTHER 2 and MOTHER 3 as kind of neat “how well can it be done” experiments. If you don’t remember, see here and here.
Anyway, he’s done it again, this time he’s created an intro hack showing what an intro for an EarthBound-ified MOTHER 1 might’ve looked like:
Hacking the intro screens to EarthBound is a very tough and painstaking process, so it’s pretty awesome to see that much work put into it 😯 Also, if you feel like trying it out for yourself, you can get the image files and the IPS patch here.
EDIT: Also, check out the message board thread about it here!
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to MOTHER 1 Intro in EarthBound
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues