October 25th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, Events, MOTHER 1, Videos

Aquas recently sent in this info about an upcoming piano CD thing in Japan:

“Nobuo Uematsu’s record label will be releasing the first in a series of retro game arrangement compilations in late November. Titled “Pia-com,” the album will feature piano performances by Keita Egusa of the KALAYCILAR – EP. Source material includes Elevator Action, Mappy, Final Fantasy II and Mother.”

~

The Mother arrangement mentioned is of Snowman, and a sample of the arrangement can be hard on the link to Uematsu’s label there. The Snowman sample plays at the end, about 40 seconds in. I wonder if the actual CD is as echoey in the samples.

I dunno. Maybe die-hard Mother merch collectors should find this worth knowing?

Sounds kind of interesting. If you’re in Japan late next month, try and check it out! Otherwise I guess the rest of us will have to hope for an import CD here or something.

14 Comments to MOTHER 1 in Piano Concert CD

SamWibatt said on Oct. 25, 2009

I need this! Thanks for the heads-up.

Ice Sage said on Oct. 25, 2009

Wait, is Snowman the only song on the CD, or are there other songs as well? Either way, I’m definitely going to try to get one of these. Hopefully it won’t be as hard as getting a copy (digital copy even!) of either of the “MOTHER+Love” collections.

Ice Sage said on Oct. 25, 2009

Sorry for double posting, but please ignore the stupid question I just asked. 🙂

Deej said on Oct. 25, 2009

I heard Lifeforce. I’m sold even moreso now.

KingDarian said on Oct. 25, 2009

Hey! It’s only about $15 + shipping through amazon.co.jp CDs can still be shipped overseas, right?

darkgreen_orange said on Oct. 25, 2009

This is excellent, good piano arrangements are always welcome.

Mato said on Oct. 25, 2009

King Darian: Yeah, but shipping will probably be pretty evil.

KingDarian said on Oct. 25, 2009

Well, I guess that gives you a choice between paying low shipping and high importer markups/fees or a low price and high shipping costs…unless you’ve got a friend in Japan.

valiant_dreamer8 said on Oct. 25, 2009

I’ve always been a big fan of Nobuo Uematsu’s piano songs. I’m really surprised and amazed he decided to do MOTHER’s Snowman.

All of them sound so beautiful, as expected. Thanks for sharing. ^_^

santiagoff said on Oct. 25, 2009

That arrange sounded so… amazing.

rawpower7 said on Oct. 25, 2009

hoping for some eight melodies in there.

Elobo said on Oct. 26, 2009

Ha ha, I’d recognize the Mappy theme anywhere. Awesome, extremely addictive song.’

Oh, and Snowman’s cool too ;).

LucasTizma said on Oct. 27, 2009

OMG…MUST….HAVE! At first I was like, “Meh…probably is only so-so…” Then I realized it was Uematsu, the god of video game music. Instant purchase. I would be in heaven if he were to ever do the same with Pollyanna.

LakituAl said on Oct. 28, 2009

@Elobo: I know! I wonder, how come you’ve played Mappy? I thought it was a Japan only release! I remember playing it as a kid in Mexico, but that’s because piracy is superlative in there…