Another Look at EarthBound
You know how in Happy Happy Village, the Insane Cultists will call for other Insane Cultists? Well, Starmen.Net forumgoier Murcielo happens to be insane too:
For those of you who may recall, I managed a 502 Insane Cultist battle back during EBFGP, and I stated back then that I would defeat 1,000 Insane Cultists in a single battle; well, turns out…. I failed for now. I have been relatively busy with college and other endeavors that it took a while for me to work on this.
After an exhausting 9.3 hours, I managed to surpass my past Insane Cultist killing spree; however, my patience began to dwindle, causing me to accidentally end it at 896 kills (at Ness’ level of 31, experience for each Cultist became 353). I was rather disappointed in myself for having done so, because I wanted to reach the afformentioned goal. But, for the time being, I’m satisfied.
You can read more about it here. It’s always cool to see people trying new challenges with such an old, thorougly-explored game
Other Related Posts:
18 Comments to Insane Body Count in EarthBound
Leave a reply
- BusterTheFox: Man, talk about getting logged out all the time, this time even my username got erased. O_O That’s me up there… as...
- Anonymous: If you know how to play guitar (Like I do), there are a million ways you can tell he’s faking this. XD Maybe he actually knows how...
- MightyYT: Because of my wonderful experience playing EarthBound as a young boy in 199X, I eventually became part of the fan community at...
- Flami: It didn’t work for me, but maybe that’s because I’m using SNES9x to play EARTHBOUND.
- broomweed: Wow, thanks everyone for this support! @NESter, yes, it has terrible music (although I like its text display better), but Opinionated...