Pollyanna Played by Floppy Drives
Long-time EarthBound fan Kyosuke works and lives in Japan teaching English to schoolkids (and doing game translating on the side). Just recently he came up with an EarthBound-themed card game as a learning activity for his students:
I’m an English teacher for 3 elementary schools as most of you already know. I try to come up with new ideas for games all the time and recently I made a new card game the kids can play while practicing their English. I made it like a monster battling card game, but made the rules really simple. I designed the cards myself and made all the monsters out of the clay models from EarthBound! The kids love all the characters and think they’re hilarious. A very rare few of the kids know that they are from EarthBound but most of the boys know of Ness from Smash Bros. Lots seem to already know of Mr. Saturn too from some TV show (don’t remember the name).
It’s so fun watching all the kids enjoy a card game I made based on all those clay figures from EarthBound. The cards came out really good too. I’ll have to get a picture of them up on here sometime.
He later made a post with a photo of the cards:
Here’s the card game I’m using in class! Each monster only has attack and life to make the rules of the game really simple and easy to play.
(click for full size)
You’ll notice I also used one of Camille’s clay models for a card. Hope she doesn’t mind!
I don’t know what the rules of the game are, but it sounds cool. I’ve seen people try to make EarthBound card games in the past but they usually get too complicated or they lost interest. But something simple like this seems cool to me 😀
Other Related Posts:
43 Comments to EarthBound Card Game in Class
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.