Welcome to New Pork City
Last month I posted about how Toys R Us started a game trade-in service and how you could get $0.50 for your copy of EarthBound (see here).
Last night I was browsing Amazon and I guess I never noticed it before, but Amazon recently started a video game trade-in service too. And it looks like they’re buying EarthBound for $20.
That’s a heck of a lot better than TRU’s $0.50, but it still seems like a very bad deal. Like I pointed out a while ago the average price of a sold copy of EarthBound is $75. I think the only benefit in doing a game trade-in is that you’re guaranteed to get the money, as opposed to trying to sell a copy on Amazon’s marketplace or on eBay where there is no guarantee. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth giving up $55 for that guarantee though 😛
For fun, I also checked a few other big-name SNES RPGs. Chrono Trigger trade-ins are worth $8.75 and Final Fantasy III (US) are worth $7.50. I wonder what their best SNES game trade-in is. EarthBound must be pretty high up there.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Amazon & EarthBound Trade-Ins
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?