Weekly Round-Up #37
Last month I posted about how Toys R Us started a game trade-in service and how you could get $0.50 for your copy of EarthBound (see here).
Last night I was browsing Amazon and I guess I never noticed it before, but Amazon recently started a video game trade-in service too. And it looks like they’re buying EarthBound for $20.
That’s a heck of a lot better than TRU’s $0.50, but it still seems like a very bad deal. Like I pointed out a while ago the average price of a sold copy of EarthBound is $75. I think the only benefit in doing a game trade-in is that you’re guaranteed to get the money, as opposed to trying to sell a copy on Amazon’s marketplace or on eBay where there is no guarantee. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth giving up $55 for that guarantee though 😛
For fun, I also checked a few other big-name SNES RPGs. Chrono Trigger trade-ins are worth $8.75 and Final Fantasy III (US) are worth $7.50. I wonder what their best SNES game trade-in is. EarthBound must be pretty high up there.
Other Related Posts:
14 Comments to Amazon & EarthBound Trade-Ins
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...