Shigesato Itoi Talks About Writing
Not too long ago, Toys R Us announced a new program in which they’ll buy any old games and systems from people, even for games going back to the 70s. This means that if you have a closet full of old game crap that nobody wants, you can sell it for easy money!
In fact, if you have a copy of EarthBound lying around that you’re not using, they’ll pay you 50 cents for it!
But screw that. If you want to sell your copy of EarthBound, I’ll pay you twice that amount! 😀
Seriously, they’ll pay you 50 cents for EarthBound, when copies can get as high as $1000? Crazy.
Still, I gotta say, whoever thought up this new Toys R Us program was pretty smart. It’s obvious this is targeted at parents of children who’ve grown up and left their junk behind, junk that would actually be worth a nice amount but of course the parents wouldn’t know that 😛 No sane gamer would go sell their games for 25 cents or 50 cents when even the crappiest games go for more than that on eBay. Then Toys R Us can turn around and sell this stuff for insane markups. It’s so smart it’s evil!
Other Related Posts:
72 Comments to Sell EarthBound, Get Rich!
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.