MOTHER / EB Zero Retrospective
Not too long ago, Toys R Us announced a new program in which they’ll buy any old games and systems from people, even for games going back to the 70s. This means that if you have a closet full of old game crap that nobody wants, you can sell it for easy money!
In fact, if you have a copy of EarthBound lying around that you’re not using, they’ll pay you 50 cents for it!
But screw that. If you want to sell your copy of EarthBound, I’ll pay you twice that amount! 😀
Seriously, they’ll pay you 50 cents for EarthBound, when copies can get as high as $1000? Crazy.
Still, I gotta say, whoever thought up this new Toys R Us program was pretty smart. It’s obvious this is targeted at parents of children who’ve grown up and left their junk behind, junk that would actually be worth a nice amount but of course the parents wouldn’t know that 😛 No sane gamer would go sell their games for 25 cents or 50 cents when even the crappiest games go for more than that on eBay. Then Toys R Us can turn around and sell this stuff for insane markups. It’s so smart it’s evil!
Other Related Posts:
72 Comments to Sell EarthBound, Get Rich!
Featured Item on eBay:
MOTHER 2 Gyiyg's Counterattack w/Poster Game Book Novel Japan EX10
- KingOfSwords: The Memories civer looks beautiful ;.;
- BoaTransistor: I got the Memories cover this year. In my factual opinion, it is the best-looking EarthBound cover they’ve released yet.
- Globulous: I picked up the Memories cover and planner while I was in Japan, it should be interesting to note that the pocket on the back of the...
- RalahTama: This thread is bad, I’m making it about Talah Rama now. My favorite thing about Talah Rama is his wise, knowing eyes. What’s...
- Anonymous: @adex SJW much?