As many people probably know by now, those MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies have hit Japanese arcades again after a three year hiatus. More info on that here if this is news to you.
Anyway, Chewy, who helped with the MOTHER 3 fan translation and also translated two really big Itoi interviews (see here and here) lives in Japan now, so she went to an arcade and wrote a report about it.
You can check out her report here.
She has many more pics and a video at the link above too. I think she also has another video of the crane game in action, but is having trouble getting it off her friend’s phone for technical reasons. Hopefully we’ll get to see it later.
These plushies are selling on Yahoo Auctions Japan for about $40-$50 w/ buy-it-now. Hopefully the prices on eBay will reflect this; they used to sell for $100-$200 on eBay during the first run, but not even the giant Mr. Saturn ones go for that much anymore. With supply increasing, hopefully we’ll see more reasonable prices on eBay in the future, even just $100 or less would be sure to sell. So if you’re a seller, keep this in mind!
Also, it looks like the crane games are set up differently at each different arcade, so if I can get some pictures of other ones I’ll post them on EB Central later.
Other Related Posts:
28 Comments to Mr. Saturn in Japanese Arcades
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?
- StarmanAlex: @Chivi-chivik My beta remake is gonna be so obsolete if this continues