Mr. Saturn for Breakfast!
As many people probably know by now, those MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies have hit Japanese arcades again after a three year hiatus. More info on that here if this is news to you.
Anyway, Chewy, who helped with the MOTHER 3 fan translation and also translated two really big Itoi interviews (see here and here) lives in Japan now, so she went to an arcade and wrote a report about it.
You can check out her report here.
She has many more pics and a video at the link above too. I think she also has another video of the crane game in action, but is having trouble getting it off her friend’s phone for technical reasons. Hopefully we’ll get to see it later.
These plushies are selling on Yahoo Auctions Japan for about $40-$50 w/ buy-it-now. Hopefully the prices on eBay will reflect this; they used to sell for $100-$200 on eBay during the first run, but not even the giant Mr. Saturn ones go for that much anymore. With supply increasing, hopefully we’ll see more reasonable prices on eBay in the future, even just $100 or less would be sure to sell. So if you’re a seller, keep this in mind!
Also, it looks like the crane games are set up differently at each different arcade, so if I can get some pictures of other ones I’ll post them on EB Central later.
Other Related Posts:
28 Comments to Mr. Saturn in Japanese Arcades
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...