Random Post:

Ness Figure Unboxing

Popular Posts:

None found
 EARTHBOUND Mother (NINTENDO FAMICOM 1989) VGA 85 ARCHIVAL CASE

September 27th, 2009 | EarthBound, Videos

You know those old MOTHER 2 commercials where the guy and some kid are talking in a coffee shop or something? Well, kevinchai and his brother reenacted them and posted them on YouTube:

I dunno why, but I love commercial parodies! Here are some others in case you’ve missed them:

10 Comments to MOTHER 2 Commercials Recreated

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Sep. 27, 2009

How does it sell like that in Japan? In the US, you need sex appeal, guns and girls bending over sports cars.

Pretty cool nontheless!

kevinchai said on Sep. 27, 2009

Have you seen some of the recent Japanese game ads, Miles? They’re just a hot girl playing the game! And they’re great!

ropesnake said on Sep. 27, 2009

It sells…with the power of SMAP!

kalasad said on Sep. 27, 2009

I always wondered why they made a commercial with everyone suddenly chanting “Mother 2” and how that made any sense. But I guess if I saw one of these videos on TV, I’d go buy whatever it was too.

bobbyjkl said on Sep. 27, 2009

They did a great job with that. And Miles, that’s so not true, that’s music. and grand theft auto.

bobbyjkl said on Sep. 27, 2009

And how do guns bend over sports cars?

Puppyduck said on Sep. 28, 2009

I love how he says women, seriously.

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

I get confused with the “even young women” part of the commercials. it’s always confused me. as if they were in a category of their own that didn’t fit in as adults or children. so is it not for young men?

Mato said on Apr. 10, 2010

Actually I think I prefer the translation “and even your sister” now. A lot of casual gamers quit playing games after the Famicom was released, including Itoi’s sister. So he wanted to make a game that would bring those kinds of people back, including his sister.

Kyoo said on Apr. 10, 2010

okay that makes sense, thank mato. you always brighten my day with your words (your very educated words)