September 4th, 2009 | Events

The other day, Keiichi Suzuki stopped by Itoi’s office because he wanted Itoi to help promote his latest upcoming album. While they ate at a restaurant, he mentioned that he had his 58th birthday the other day, so the restaurant people made a small birthday cake to celebrate. For those not in the know, Keiichi Suzuki was one of the two main musicians who worked on MOTHER 1 and MOTHER 2 / EarthBound.

If you’d like to send him a birthday message, his homepage is here, and he has a MySpace page here.

Also, if you haven’t already, check out these other things he’s done!

Dunno when Hirokazu Tanaka or Shogo Sakai have birthdays, I just happened to come across this news because it was briefly mentioned on part of Itoi’s site yesterday.

17 Comments to Keiichi Suzuki’s Birthday

Poe said on Sep. 4, 2009

“Small” birthday cake is right. He could finish that thing in one bite :O

santiagoff said on Sep. 4, 2009

That’s THE cake.

KingDarian said on Sep. 4, 2009

There’s more chocolate on the plate than the cake. What a cool guy.

Darien said on Sep. 4, 2009

Hirokazu Tanaka’s birthday is December 13 (1957) So sayeth the Wikipedia, anyhow.

Shogo Sakai was born in 1960, but the exact date of his birth I could not locate in the two minutes or so that I spend looking.

So I’m halfway useful. That’s better than usual!

Ice Sage said on Sep. 4, 2009

I hope it was a really good cake, considering how small it was. Oh well, it’s not like the restaurant staff knew in advance about it.

chimera said on Sep. 4, 2009

pff, I think we all know that the cake is a lie.

Saturnome said on Sep. 4, 2009

Is there a clear list of who made what exact piece of music in the games? I know Keiichi Suzuki’s name more than the others, but I do not know what was exactly his contribution to the game.

Komaru said on Sep. 4, 2009

At Saturnome:
I’m not sure if there’s a list of which individual person made each song (That would be crazy cool, though) but I know some of the people that worked on it were Keiichi Suzuki, Hirokazu Tanaka, Akio Ohmori, and Ritsuo Kamimura. There’s probably some more though- anybody know?

Mato said on Sep. 4, 2009

I was actually planning to make a list of each song and who did each one sometime. The soundtrack CDs give some information about this, but it’s not always clear since with the Mother 2 CD some tracks contain multiple songs.

Diverse said on Sep. 4, 2009

Anyone know who that is on his shirt?

KingDarian said on Sep. 4, 2009

O_O You’ve never heard of The Rolling Stones, Diverse? It’s Mick Jagger.

Saturnome said on Sep. 5, 2009

Even a partial list of who made what could be interesting, for getting an idea of the composers’ styles.

Fiends said on Sep. 5, 2009

No, I felt the same way about the shirt. It was a tip of the tongue type of ordeal… I couldn’t quite remember the name but I knew the face.

LucasTizma said on Sep. 5, 2009

I wrote Suzuki an e-mail in (likely horrific) Japanese thanking him for such great music. 🙂 Glad I get to experience some of his work!

20thCenturyBoy said on Sep. 5, 2009

Nice Mick Jagger tee.

FinalstarmanDX said on Sep. 5, 2009

Lol. Happy birthday to Keiichi Suzuki and many more to come! :3

wow, that birthday cake is small.

bigbangbabyalex said on Sep. 5, 2009

If you look at http://vgmdb.net/artist/364 and go to the Mother, Mother 2, and Mother 1+2 soundtrack listings, at the bottom of each in the notes section it lists which songs Keiichi Suzuki and Hip Tanaka composed and so on.