MOTHER 3 Mini-Foods
Right now, the MOTHER 1+2 translation is very low priority for me, but I still work on it when I get the chance. At the moment, I’m playing through the game with my retranslated and edited script, fixing up context issues and logging bugs that need to be fixed.
I’ve also been playing with the new Easy Ring on, which increases money and experience you get from enemies. It was smooth sailing until I got Loid/Lloyd, at which point my motivation died. Even though enemies were very easy to beat now, the encounter rate was too much. So I decided to look into how to make the Easy Ring also reduce the encounter rate. After some help from the always-awesome Jeffman, I added lower enemy encounter rates to one of the Easy Ring’s effects. Tried it out just now and it made Duncan’s Factory a lot more bearable, but not super-insanely easy either. Just my luck though, Loid died right before the top of the factory, so my trip up there was pointless 😛
Anyway, while working on this simple hack, I accidentally made a typo in one of the lines of ASM code and got this to happen:
Instead of reducing encounters, it made every step have an encounter 😯 And it also made battles pretty crazy.
Anyway, it was easy to fix that, so now the Easy Ring is much nicer. Since encounters will be fewer, I upped the experience enemies give, and it seems to be a good balance. Of course, if you want to play the game normally, you don’t have to use the Easy Ring, it’s entirely optional.
It’s hard finding time and motivation for this thing lately, but I’ll keep at it. For now, if you want to play the game in English but don’t feel like waiting, here are a few other patches for MOTHER 1+2.
Other Related Posts:
48 Comments to Enemy Encounter Rate Explosion
- Jeff Shot First: My copy arrived today! It is… amazing. I haven’t put it down yet. I don’t really know what else to say. I think...
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...