September 14th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1

A little while ago was the birthday of Keiichi Suzuki, one of the main musicians for EarthBound and EarthBound Zero, so a bunch of us overseas fans went to his sites and wished him a happy birthday. Possibly as a result of this, he recently put up a version of Eight Melodies from his old “Lost Suzuki Tapes” album, which you can hear on his MySpace here:

Keiichi Suzuki’s MySpace

It’s pretty cool, it’s the first time I’ve heard it myself. Thanks to Fishisgood for the tip!

17 Comments to Eight Melodies by Keiichi Suzuki

Poe said on Sep. 14, 2009

If this was a result of those well-wishes, I gotta say that Mr. Suzuki is a really cool guy πŸ™‚ I like people who do nice things for their fans.

Wil said on Sep. 14, 2009

Way cool!

curiouspasserby said on Sep. 14, 2009

I agree with Poe; that’s pretty much the kindest fan service ever.

Difegue said on Sep. 14, 2009

For people who want it, here’s a recorded mp3 of the track uploaded on my little ftp thingo:

The album is almost unfindable, so I suppose it’d be right to put that here

Thanks to Suzuki-san for that, through. Man, that’s so awesome of him to upload old music for his fans

Fredrik said on Sep. 14, 2009

“The album is almost unfindable, so I suppose it’d be right to put that here”

I hear you. Ever since i heard Words, Colours, Noises, And Booms(also here on EBC) i have wanted to have that whole album. =(
That’s not the album mentioned here, but same artist and hard to find.

Ice Sage said on Sep. 14, 2009

This is totally random, but I’ll say it anyway:

If they ever make a Mother movie (again with the dreaming), then they had BETTER NOT mess up this song! It ties so much of Mother together, and is my absolute favorite Mother/EB song.

OK, I’m done ranting. πŸ™‚

P.S. Difegue, I couldn’t get your link to work. Am I not doing something right?

rawpower7 said on Sep. 14, 2009

That…was…beautiful. Man I love this song! It’s gotta be like my favorite Mother song of all time! Must download NOW!

Difegue said on Sep. 14, 2009

@Ice Sage:probably because of the name of the file, should work now

Sisto said on Sep. 14, 2009

I’ll describe this song with an analogy. This song is like a butterfly, it makes you relax.

santiagoff said on Sep. 14, 2009

So beautiful ~<3

Ice Sage said on Sep. 14, 2009

@Difegue: It works now – thanks!

Again, this song is amazing. It’s testimony to itself that you can listen to it over and over and still not get tired of it at all. πŸ˜€

JPLC said on Sep. 14, 2009

That was one of the best renditions of Eight Melodies I have ever heard. It was beautiful. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Vinny said on Sep. 15, 2009

Nice rendition. Sounds more like a studio demo of the song.

Blind said on Sep. 15, 2009

Nice version of the song, but I like his “Chicken Heart” theme better πŸ˜›

LucasTizma said on Sep. 15, 2009

I sent an e-mail to Suzuki-san asking him if he has any other “lost tracks”, especially any early Pollyanna music. I hope he writes back. XD

DragonKazooie89 said on Sep. 16, 2009

That was very pretty, made me tear up. Must be the music box feel to it and the singing at the and. Made it feel like a lullaby.

EarthBoundRules said on Dec. 12, 2010

That was beautiful… definitely my second favourite rendition of Eight Melodies so far.

Also the remix of Beethoven’s 9th on the same page was even better. I’m so happy he remixed my favourite song of all time! πŸ˜€