September 10th, 2009 | MOTHER 1, Videos

Someone remade the intro to EarthBound Zero in Flash and it looks pretty cool.

I think an HD upgrade to the game could actually be pretty cool if done right. I’d really love to remake the game myself in high quality (instead of doing that ROM hack that’s at a standstill) but don’t have the time.

14 Comments to EarthBound Zero Intro Remade

samui said on Sep. 10, 2009

nicely done. 🙂

Galvatron3000 said on Sep. 10, 2009

Amazing, too bad it would take a lot of manpower to remake Mother in flash, but it would definitely be great.

Just as a hacking question, is it possible to replace the songs in the Mother 1+2 cartridge with the better sounding originals, or would it be pretty difficult programming-wise? Thanks 🙂

Mato said on Sep. 10, 2009

Mother 1’s music in M1+2 is just fine. Improving M2’s music probably isn’t possible, I’m pretty sure it’s just a limitation of the GBA hardware and/or music engine the game uses. Unlike with the FF ports, it’s not a matter of using lame instruments, it’s just that there aren’t as many music channels available as the SNES version.

Music hacking is also one of the hardest things to do in ROM hacking 🙁

Digitalized said on Sep. 10, 2009

Wow… The end was so powerful…

And then I kept thinking, “Screenshot! Screenshot!”

But, I was deprived. 8-bit still has a different effect to me though.

Ice Sage said on Sep. 10, 2009

I think Mother has a lot of potential being remade somehow (flash, 3-D even), but it’d be a bit beyond the ability for us to do. Unless Mato suddenly pulls out another surprise for us like he did with M1+2. 😛

Digitalized said on Sep. 10, 2009

I’d like a MOTHER DS, in the form of Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker.

(i.e. 3-D RPG on DS)

Digitalized said on Sep. 10, 2009

I don’t mean by Mato, that’d be too much work for one person.

LucasTizma said on Sep. 10, 2009

Yeah, I’d totally be down for an M1 remake. Definitely the most “mysterious” game in the MOTHER series to me. I could go for a darker, more mature story, too. 🙂

santiagoff said on Sep. 10, 2009

That’s cool!

Miles Vialpando (PK ELECTION) said on Sep. 10, 2009

That is awesome. I could be put to sleep by that, ya know? So soothing. =)

LightningLuigi said on Sep. 10, 2009

If I’m correct, there is a group working on a Mother remake using the Game Maker engien, but the progress is slow going.

I would like an offical remake of any, if not all, of the EarthBound games. I imagin it as the overworld in 2.5D (2D perspective rendered with 3D graphics) with fully 3D rendered battles. I don’t have much hope in such reality, but I can at least dream.

blahmoomoo said on Sep. 10, 2009

LightningLuigi: you are correct about the Mother 1 Remake (going Mother 3 style) http://toastteamgames.blogspot.com/

pkstarstorm1up said on Sep. 15, 2009

That was cool how you included Pippi in there awsome remake of the intro

Claus said on Sep. 15, 2009