The Origin of Dalaam’s Music!
A couple people recently sent in some stuff that seem like neat reverse coincidences, so I thought I’d share them in one update today.
This first thing was sent in by Yanick:
(click to enlarge)
I was reading a blog called Monster Brains (http://www.monsterbrains.blogspot.com/) when I saw this old Batman cover.
Could this be the origin of the diamondised status effect? I hope this will contribute to anything,
Seems like it’s just a coincidence, but who knows where Itoi got the got the idea for the diamondized status effect. It’s definitely a pretty unique ailment for RPGs of the time, in most other games the closest thing is petrification.
Next up is this submission from Lightman135:
(click to enlarge)
I recently went to the library with my younger sister and she checked out a book called “Invaders From Outer Space: Real Life Stories of UFOs.” Later that night, as I am reading it to her, I see something that looks like a one-legged Starman! The caption that went with it said this, “In 1977, a Brazilian bus driver reported seeing a tall alien wiht a pointed head and one leg. It had arms like an elephants trunk.” This brings up the question, why has Giygas started the invasion 20 years early and why in Brazil?
Pretty cool looking, kinda reminds me of a cross between a Starman and a Wooly Shambler.
Anyway, this kind of stuff is always kind of neat, so if you find any interesting similar stuff, send it my way 😀
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound From Other Things
Featured Item on eBay:
RARE Near Mint EarthBound (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, 1995)
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...