MOTHER Remake Hack Ending Song Preview
A couple people recently sent in some stuff that seem like neat reverse coincidences, so I thought I’d share them in one update today.
This first thing was sent in by Yanick:
(click to enlarge)
I was reading a blog called Monster Brains (http://www.monsterbrains.blogspot.com/) when I saw this old Batman cover.
Could this be the origin of the diamondised status effect? I hope this will contribute to anything,
Seems like it’s just a coincidence, but who knows where Itoi got the got the idea for the diamondized status effect. It’s definitely a pretty unique ailment for RPGs of the time, in most other games the closest thing is petrification.
Next up is this submission from Lightman135:
(click to enlarge)
I recently went to the library with my younger sister and she checked out a book called “Invaders From Outer Space: Real Life Stories of UFOs.” Later that night, as I am reading it to her, I see something that looks like a one-legged Starman! The caption that went with it said this, “In 1977, a Brazilian bus driver reported seeing a tall alien wiht a pointed head and one leg. It had arms like an elephants trunk.” This brings up the question, why has Giygas started the invasion 20 years early and why in Brazil?
Pretty cool looking, kinda reminds me of a cross between a Starman and a Wooly Shambler.
Anyway, this kind of stuff is always kind of neat, so if you find any interesting similar stuff, send it my way 😀
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound From Other Things
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...
- Nessential: The stock is still pending listing, but you can find it on Bloomberg here: https://www.bloomberg.com/quot e/3560:JP I might buy some of...