Animated EarthBound Comics
A couple people recently sent in some stuff that seem like neat reverse coincidences, so I thought I’d share them in one update today.
This first thing was sent in by Yanick:
(click to enlarge)
I was reading a blog called Monster Brains (http://www.monsterbrains.blogspot.com/) when I saw this old Batman cover.
Could this be the origin of the diamondised status effect? I hope this will contribute to anything,
Seems like it’s just a coincidence, but who knows where Itoi got the got the idea for the diamondized status effect. It’s definitely a pretty unique ailment for RPGs of the time, in most other games the closest thing is petrification.
Next up is this submission from Lightman135:
(click to enlarge)
I recently went to the library with my younger sister and she checked out a book called “Invaders From Outer Space: Real Life Stories of UFOs.” Later that night, as I am reading it to her, I see something that looks like a one-legged Starman! The caption that went with it said this, “In 1977, a Brazilian bus driver reported seeing a tall alien wiht a pointed head and one leg. It had arms like an elephants trunk.” This brings up the question, why has Giygas started the invasion 20 years early and why in Brazil?
Pretty cool looking, kinda reminds me of a cross between a Starman and a Wooly Shambler.
Anyway, this kind of stuff is always kind of neat, so if you find any interesting similar stuff, send it my way 😀
Other Related Posts:
17 Comments to EarthBound From Other Things
Featured Item on eBay:
***EARTHBOUND SNES SUPER NINTENDO GAME COSMETIC WEAR~~~
- Sat: 2000$ is almost what I’d pay for that jacket, gosh. Are those EB64 screenshots in full res ? Is there more to see? Even if we’ve...
- Fred bounder: You missed the pk album from fangamer!!
- KingOfSwords: For those who don’t know, the Lasagna Cat video is a reference to “Colin’s Bear Animation”:...
- neonix: Dang, somehow I didn’t catch wind of that ruler auction. I would have been in the bidding for it. Oh well, guess I’ll keep...
- Leeaux: And I just posted wondering where you went! Great stuff.