MOTHER 1+2 Translation Status
September 5th, 2009 | Misc.
I’m sure a lot of people were wondering why the site was down for a few hours this afternoon – I was simply upgrading/updating a bunch of stuff to make the site better. Here’s the lowdown:
- Updated to the latest version of WordPress, which I’d been neglecting to do for a while. Luckily all of my custom code works with this latest version.
- Got rid of the forum I never got around to using. It was just wasting space on the server and especially a lot of room in the database. I might still set up a dedicated forum sometime, but for the time being this forum will be what we use.
- Over the last week I wrote new code to completely overhaul the EarthBound / MOTHER auctions page.
It’s now a lot easier for me to work with and a lot easier for people to browse through. It also catches more stuff than it used to, so be sure to check it out from time to time.
I also made it so that the sidebar displays all of the auctions from the current day, and resets at midnight each night. This way it’ll be a lot easier for regular visitors to keep up with what shows up from day to day. I might place it in a different location sometime, I’m not sure that’s the best spot for it anymore.
There are also some RSS feeds posted for a few categories, so if you’re a collector or just like to follow this stuff, they might be right up your alley. Someday I’ll try to make a super-fancy feed, but for now here’s a pretty decent one:
- EarthBound / MOTHER auction RSS feed – keep up with the latest auctions!
- I also made a number of little fixes here and there throughout the site. It’s likely that I didn’t remember to fix something, so if you get an error message or something breaks, let me know.
You know me, I’m always working on 80 things at once, and I have even more improvements for the site that I’d like to make but probably won’t find the time to for a while. One thing I have tentative plans for is a page that lists all the MOTHER stuff on Yahoo Auctions Japan like I’ve done with stuff on eBay. I also want to make a page for fan art I really, really like, a page listing videos I recommend, a page for rumor-debunking, that comprehensive article about Shigesato Itoi, and the list goes on and on. My brain never sleeps!
Other Related Posts:
9 Comments to A Couple Site Updates
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...