Silly Nintendo, That’s the Wrong System
A little while back I posted news about an EarthBound text adventure hack called “Hack”.
Today’s hack is also a text adventure hack, but is completely different. It’s a small tech demo created by Mr. Accident called ZorkBound. He and Rufus have been making some incredible EarthBound hacking tools these past few months, and this latest hack is a test of a bunch of early stuff he’s working on. For more details, check this forum post out.
What’s especially neat about this game is that you can pick up objects, move them around, and interact with them with other items. I think Mr. Accident is probably working on a program to make it easy for regular people to make these text adventure hacks, if so that’d be pretty cool. EarthBound hacking is insane, so helping regular people make cool hacks gets a thumbs-up from me.
If you want to try out the hack yourself, here is the patch and the Easy EarthBound Patcher. Also, Mr. Accident says don’t use save states or else evil things will happen, so beware.
Other Related Posts:
29 Comments to ZorkBound Text Adventure Hack
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.
- NecrosaroIII: Itoi setting up his retirement
- Kamrom: My Recipe For Earthbound Rock Candy: 1. Get rock candy 2. Pour sugar on it 3. Watch as the sugar falls off 4. Eat the rock candy, clean up...