August 15th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1, Videos

I really like the Wisdom of the World song from MOTHER / EarthBound Zero, and this rendition of it is nice too. It’s done by the “Devildom String Orchestra”, which may or may not disturb you as they play.

Just in case people don’t know where the song is from, it’s from Queen Mary’s castle in MOTHER 1 / EarthBound Zero. You’re only ever there for a few minutes in the entire game, it’s a shame the music didn’t get used more.

12 Comments to Wisdom of the World Orchestrated

Jeagle101 said on Aug. 15, 2009

I like this… the only thing that creeps me out is why they’re wearing all those masks e_O

Is it to protect their identities or something?

JB2448 said on Aug. 15, 2009

Well, they are called the “Devildom String Orchestra,” so I believe that the masks they wear are just their signatures, to give them a little more presence than if they were just showing their faces. In my opinion, it worked. Anyway, all that matters is that they’re incredible, so let’s appreciate for that, if nothing else.

Spitball Sparky said on Aug. 15, 2009

Oh! I remember this! But yeah, the masks are creepy…

Jungyin said on Aug. 15, 2009

Seems the video originally came from NicoNico, the folks there like to stay anonymous.

YeYoFF said on Aug. 15, 2009

So wonderfull!!!

nintenninten said on Aug. 15, 2009

Their masks were unusual to be sure, but it was still really great. Possibly my favorite WotW out of all the different versions I’ve heard.

Jeagle101 said on Aug. 15, 2009

Sorry for a second comment, but yeah. It doesn’t really matter if they’re wearing masks or not, the music is great 😀

amorerana said on Aug. 15, 2009

Super nice song, and I think the masks were great too, especially the bunny. Sure they were weird, but so is Mother 1.

Al-JiN said on Aug. 16, 2009

I wonder, is that a really a mask or is that a frog doll attatched to the head? I would like to have a mask that is a body.

santiagoff said on Aug. 16, 2009

Creepy masks… but it sounds good! xD

Ice Sage said on Aug. 16, 2009

Disturbing much? o_0

Good music though!

PastorofMuppets said on Aug. 18, 2009

Looks like these folks listened to the Catherine Warwick version heavily… Excellent work!