EarthBound Central Q&A #4
Popular Posts:None found
August 23rd, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
Week 32 was a little more active than usual as I went through the update queue. More than anything, it seems like this was “3D Week”. I actually still have a few more 3D updates up my sleeve, but maybe I’ll save them for “Revenge of the Return of 3D Week”.
Anywho, let’s have a look at what’s done transpired this week.
- Did a bunch of work on the MOTHER 1+2 translation this week. Finished formatting and polishing the text, finished battle text and item descriptions, and have started on playing the game to see where the script needs context fixes and stuff like that. Updated the FAQ a little. I really need to get this finished and off my plate, yet there’s only so much time in a day.
- This past week we passed the 150,000 unique visitor mark since the site started. We’re probably a few days off from the 2,000,000 total hits too.
- Many EarthBound towns in 3D!
- Magicant in 3D!
- Moonside in Smash Bros.
- Exploring Onett in Smash Bros.
- Giygas, Japanese rap, and Spock from Star Trek all together??
- Everdred cosplayer
- Give me my mother!
- Ness vs. Darth Vader, who would win?
- Radiohead EarthBound-style
- Playing EarthBound Zero (and stopping)
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Another more active than usual week for EarthBound stuff on eBay. No super-rare items this week, but plenty of EarthBound carts, many in complete and/or excellent condition. Here are some of the things of interest from this week.
Remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- Remember that $2000 Mr. Saturn plushie? It’s come down quite a bit in price, I wonder why 😛
- A whole bunch of EarthBound magnets and an EarthBound tin that looks like the game box
- Mr. Saturn phone strap – rare and new!
- Official MOTHER 2 / EarthBound soundtrack CD – pretty rare
- Rare MOTHER 2 / EarthBound piano book!
- SNES Earthbound MINT: Complete Game Box – All Inserts! – Includes Strategy Guide & Scratch N Sniff Cards
- MOTHER 2 cart for only $8.99!
- MOTHER 1+2 and MOTHER 3, free shipping
And here’s some cool stuff on Yahoo! Auctions Japan:
- Original run MOTHER 1+2 plus official strategy guide
- MOTHER 1+2 Mr. Saturn Art Book
- Fan-made Mr. Saturn fan – whoa that’s almost meta
- MOTHER 1+2 music box CD – ???
- Real BGM Series Vol. 11 – MOTHER 1+2 Recorder CD
No good EarthBound deals on Amazon this week, some crazy prices that I wouldn’t recommend to anyone.
- Steve Demeter: The man behind the Americanization of Mother 3’s Magyspies
- Mother 3 Bahasa Melayu Translation
- Escape from Tazmily forum game
- EarthBound + MOTHER 3 Mafia
- EarthBound save file archive underway
- The Chosen Four comic updated
- The Masked Man Falls
- EarthBound Surround
- Tree From My Youth radio play
- Bounding comic
- Rufus added some new stuff to the EB++ hacking stuff. If I had infinite time and money I’d totally write an emulator inside EarthBound. It’d run at .00001324 fps, but it’d still be cool 😛
- TMF’s rendition of Mother Saga!
- EarthBound cookbook revived
- Adventures of Birdy and Chimera comic updated!
I have eight wives and eight pinkies so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- This week Itoi talked about a lot of stuff that wouldn’t be of much interest to most people here. One thing he did talk about was how fat and skinny used to be seen and how it’s seen now. Even just a few decades back, important people were usually fat, so the idea of “I want to be important and thus fat too” wasn’t unheard of. Back then, even Itoi felt this way, which is why when he signed up at a sports club he wrote “I want to be fat” under the column for “Objectives” on his sign-up sheet. He’s weird I guess. He says that his wish was granted, though I think that the Japanese definition of “fat” differs greatly from ours. If Itoi considers himself fat now, then the all the fat people here have caused the whole Western hemisphere to collapse on itself to form a black hole.
Just gonna burn through more of the update queue this week too. Still have 90-100 things sitting in there, yikes.
When I eat pizza in real life, I like to put tabasco or other hot sauce on it. I wonder if that’s a good food-condiment combination in EarthBound.
Other Related Posts:
10 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #32
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.