Random Post:

MOTHER 2 & 3 Ringtones

August 16th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up

I’m in a rush this week, so this week’s round-up will be slightly abbreviated. I don’t intend to make a habit of this, I just got a ton of real-life work to do.

This week, I went through the way-backed-up submission queue a good deal. I’d day there are about 100 or so more things to go through still though 😯 Sorry if it takes long to get stuff posted, I never thought this site would be this hopping. But I try to get to everything eventually, as long as it’s post-worthy, so don’t fret.

Anyway, let’s have a quick look-see at what’s happened this week.

Site News

• As I mentioned here, I did a lot of work on the MOTHER 1+2 translation project this week.

EarthBound News

Cool Auctions & Merchandise

Some cool stuff this week. The biggest thing of note is that there was a deluge of EarthBound carts on eBay this week. I have no real idea why, but there was upward of 80 carts on eBay at one point. Most of them a bit overpriced IMO, though. Maybe back-to-school has something to do with it, or maybe it’s just a random bump in the trends.

Anyway, here’s some stuff that showed up this week. Also remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!

Stuff on Amazon:

Community News

I weigh 800 pounds, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!

What’s Up With Itoi

• Itoi talked about meetings this week. He likes meetings, and his company has them all the time. What he doesn’t like, though, is when people feel they need to say something in a meeting simply because they haven’t said much of anything. He says that during his meetings, sometimes there are periods of silence where everyone is thinking hard. None of this “I need to fill the silence” stuff. He also says that his meetings also sometimes get off topic, but that’s okay with him, what’s important is that everyone is on the same page. He also expressed his interest in writing a book about meetings at some point.
  • He also talked about the Japanese Obon holiday (which was this week) and expressed his wonder at how it matches exactly with the modern-day summer vacations at school and how it matched with the end of World War 2. Yet, despite all that and all the modernization that Japan has had, he’s amazed that such an old-style traditional holiday still retains its old ways.
  • He also said he started working on lyrics to a song for the first time in a long while. He used to write lyrics to songs all the time, but not so much anymore. I can’t remember if he wrote the lyrics to that MOTHER 3 song or not, if so, that might be the last thing he wrote lyrics to.

End

So busy, so busy.

12 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #31

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Aug. 16, 2009

Itoi always has the oddest things to say…

Komaru said on Aug. 16, 2009

BUT DO YOU REALLY WEIGH 800 POUNDS, HUH HUH HUH
Okay, in all seriousness though, good roundup, and sorry you’re so busy all of a sudden.

Sisto said on Aug. 16, 2009

That game does stink. I didn’t know they made
scratch n sniff ads. That’s cool.

santiagoff said on Aug. 16, 2009

I agree XD

Anonymous said on Aug. 16, 2009

Wow, Itoi is so…. not weird, but interesting. He should write an auto-biography, but then Mato would have to translate it! So maybe he shouldn’t write an auto-biography then :).

Xi said on Aug. 16, 2009

As always, report deceptive people on eBay.

Makes the internet a safer place.

Ice Sage said on Aug. 16, 2009

1 of only 2500 copies? Really?

Yeah, sure, I totally believe that. 😛

gBev said on Aug. 16, 2009

Just in case you didn’t notice, you said “I’d day” instead of “I’d say” in the second paragraph.

rawpower7 said on Aug. 16, 2009

Oh dude I got so lucky thanks to that upward boost of carts on ebay. I managed to buy one 70 dollars! It was soo awesome! I thought I was just lucky but this explains it. Now I have enough to afford an FC Twin.

curiouspasserby said on Aug. 17, 2009

Hey Tomato, this is really off topic, but I was reading a website that said you worked for funimation. Is that true? Do you have any One Piece connections(:
I’m a big fan of One Piece and Funimation (and the Mother series of course).

Mato said on Aug. 17, 2009

Yeah, I work for them, I’m also the main translator for One Piece. A very not-up-to-date list of my stuff I’ve worked on is here.

curiousbasserby said on Aug. 17, 2009

That’s awesome! Tomato, I knew you rocked before, but this is almost too much! You’re officialy my hero (: