Localization Book Poll
August 16th, 2009 | Weekly Round-Up
I’m in a rush this week, so this week’s round-up will be slightly abbreviated. I don’t intend to make a habit of this, I just got a ton of real-life work to do.
This week, I went through the way-backed-up submission queue a good deal. I’d day there are about 100 or so more things to go through still though 😯 Sorry if it takes long to get stuff posted, I never thought this site would be this hopping. But I try to get to everything eventually, as long as it’s post-worthy, so don’t fret.
Anyway, let’s have a quick look-see at what’s happened this week.
- As I mentioned here, I did a lot of work on the MOTHER 1+2 translation project this week.
- Sweet EarthBound / MOTHER series anniversary pic
- Cool EarthBound text adventure demo hack
- Very cool EarthBound hack that changes all the enemies dramatically
- Meeellla made an awesome Ness figure that hit gaming news sites
- MOTHER 3 music similarities
- A homemade pizza smells like those EarthBound cards
- Some fan-made merchandise
- A cool Dept. Store Spook plushie
- Wisdom of the World orchestrated
Cool Auctions & Merchandise
Some cool stuff this week. The biggest thing of note is that there was a deluge of EarthBound carts on eBay this week. I have no real idea why, but there was upward of 80 carts on eBay at one point. Most of them a bit overpriced IMO, though. Maybe back-to-school has something to do with it, or maybe it’s just a random bump in the trends.
Anyway, here’s some stuff that showed up this week. Also remember that you can check to see what EarthBound/MOTHER stuff is currently on eBay at any time here!
- Rare EarthBound scratch-n-sniff advertisement! – cause this game stinks 😉
- Impressive fan-made Mr. Saturn plushie
- EarthBound new mint complete w/ free shipping – Game and Guide never used complete with everything
- MOTHER 2 cartridge for $7-ish! – awesome way to add to your collection for cheap
- MOTHER 3 Deluxe Box
- Complete copy of MOTHER 3 for $50 – and it’s in “excelent” condition!
- EarthBound cart + box – pretty good deal I suppose
- EarthBound cart starting at $.83 – but wtf does “1 of only 2500 copies!” mean?
Stuff on Amazon:
- MOTHER 1+2 soundtracks on Amazon, new, only $26 – pretty good deal!
I weigh 800 pounds, so I can’t possibly keep up with every single thing that happens in the EarthBound community, so if you’ve done something cool or if you know of something cool that belongs here, let me know!
What’s Up With Itoi
- Itoi talked about meetings this week. He likes meetings, and his company has them all the time. What he doesn’t like, though, is when people feel they need to say something in a meeting simply because they haven’t said much of anything. He says that during his meetings, sometimes there are periods of silence where everyone is thinking hard. None of this “I need to fill the silence” stuff. He also says that his meetings also sometimes get off topic, but that’s okay with him, what’s important is that everyone is on the same page. He also expressed his interest in writing a book about meetings at some point.
- He also talked about the Japanese Obon holiday (which was this week) and expressed his wonder at how it matches exactly with the modern-day summer vacations at school and how it matched with the end of World War 2. Yet, despite all that and all the modernization that Japan has had, he’s amazed that such an old-style traditional holiday still retains its old ways.
- He also said he started working on lyrics to a song for the first time in a long while. He used to write lyrics to songs all the time, but not so much anymore. I can’t remember if he wrote the lyrics to that MOTHER 3 song or not, if so, that might be the last thing he wrote lyrics to.
So busy, so busy.
Other Related Posts:
12 Comments to Weekly Round-Up #31
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.