Popular Posts:

None found

August 19th, 2009 | Audio Stuff, MOTHER 1, Videos

Harveyjames sent this in quite a while back. It’s pretty cool.

It’d be cool if someone could hack the music to make the actual ROM play new music like that. I don’t think any EB0 music editors have ever been made so far though.

17 Comments to Radiohead is EarthBound

Wil said on Aug. 19, 2009

Great!
Now I’ll be whistling that the rest of the day.

santiagoff said on Aug. 19, 2009

Even though I don’t know the original radiohead (at least I think I don’t), it sounds pretty cool!

sg_06 said on Aug. 19, 2009

Famitracker can be used to make .nsf files, the same format used in EB0.
However, it can’t import any of EB0’s music…

Mato said on Aug. 19, 2009

It can make NSF files, but music isn’t stored in NES games as NSF files. They’re stored in proprietary formats, and I don’t think EB0’s music format has ever been looked at and documented yet.

IWontGetOvertheDam said on Aug. 19, 2009

I love stuff like this. 😀

Jimi said on Aug. 19, 2009

As a Radiohead fanatic, I wholeheartedly support this.

Deiphobus said on Aug. 19, 2009

i love radiohead.

Otter said on Aug. 19, 2009

You know, I’ve been getting into Radiohead more and more lately. I’ve always kind of stayed away because I hate the “Creep” song, and everyone I know loves it. Anyway, this is enough to interest me to search some more of their stuff out. Awesome!

Spitball Sparky said on Aug. 19, 2009

I’ve never heard of this song or band before, but after looking it up, the lyrics seems to fit Mother 3 a bit more than Mother 1.

Cool regardless. This really does sound like it could be in Mother 1. The melody sounds very EarthBoundy.

StageProps said on Aug. 20, 2009

They got decidedly more surreal (I don’t know if that’s the right word) with In Rainbows. This got stuck in my head all day, and now whenever I listen to the real song it sounds so EarthBoundy.

curiouspasserby said on Aug. 20, 2009

This reminds me of the music from when you first get to podunk. reminds me a lot of it, but this song is somehow diferent.

VInny said on Aug. 20, 2009

Hey Mato. This is more a site related question I guess, but whenever you post Youtube videos or audio stuff, I can’t see them. Like in this post, there’s no link to the music or embedded audio file that I can play. Just wondering what is possibly wrong on my end preventing me from seeing this stuff. Thanks!

douglas said on Aug. 20, 2009

probably weather balloons. or swamp gas

Mato said on Aug. 20, 2009

Vinny: Dunno, sounds like you might need to install something or turn scripts on or something. I really have no idea though.

Nonamemouse said on Oct. 7, 2009

I like the Paranoid Android one

Mr. Saturn said on Apr. 13, 2010

That actually sounds like the actual music.

BigDream said on Feb. 23, 2012

Could be great in a REMAKE for the 3DS!!!
Though it’s not happening… anyone agree with me???