MOTHER Remake Hack: Title Screen Music
I finished a bunch of text-related stuff for the MOTHER part of MOTHER 1+2 and now I’m playing through the game to polish up text and fix things to fit context better. I just got Loid/Lloyd, and then I noticed something: this is where I always stop playing the game. Indeed, that’s where I stopped playing yesterday and I don’t have much enthusiasm to play more at the moment.
I don’t know why I always stop playing the game at this one point. Maybe it’s because the horrible factories come next or something. But it makes me curious: when you play this game (if you have), is there a point you often stop at?
I’m playing with the Easy Ring on right now, but I’m finding it’s not quite as awesome as it had seemed before, so right now I have it as 3x Exp. and 2x money. I’m going to possibly reduce the encounter rate a tiny bit too, but that’s quite a bit harder to hack. I even considered making an item that would tell you what you need to do next, but I don’t know how to mess with the game’s event flags so that’ll probably not happen.
Basically, I want to make it so that people who often give up on the game at a certain point will have the optional ability to make the game less tedious so they won’t give up at those points anymore. To be honest, if I had enough time, I’d probably just remake the game from scratch and try to stay true to the original while making it less tedious and grueling. But that’ll never happen 😛
Other Related Posts:
112 Comments to Playing EarthBound Zero
Featured Item on eBay:
Game Boy Micro System Mother 3 Deluxe Box Nintendo Japan NEW
- Leeaux: I’m going to eat this all the time now. You could have posted this recipe and I probably wouldn’t have touched it. But you...
- Moonside: I know this is very unrelated to the topic but, what ever happened the Chewy’s Novel Translation? The webpage now asks for a...
- Anonymous: “…while EarthBound is just a game, it’s one of those rare games that brings out the best in people.” <–...
- game4brains: As someone who’s half-Korean, this is pretty interesting to me, particularly because this was published during a period where...
- KingMike: I think the other SFC game in the review scores are Live A Live and some baseball game (Super Power League 2)?