Original Franklin Badge Video
I finished a bunch of text-related stuff for the MOTHER part of MOTHER 1+2 and now I’m playing through the game to polish up text and fix things to fit context better. I just got Loid/Lloyd, and then I noticed something: this is where I always stop playing the game. Indeed, that’s where I stopped playing yesterday and I don’t have much enthusiasm to play more at the moment.
I don’t know why I always stop playing the game at this one point. Maybe it’s because the horrible factories come next or something. But it makes me curious: when you play this game (if you have), is there a point you often stop at?
I’m playing with the Easy Ring on right now, but I’m finding it’s not quite as awesome as it had seemed before, so right now I have it as 3x Exp. and 2x money. I’m going to possibly reduce the encounter rate a tiny bit too, but that’s quite a bit harder to hack. I even considered making an item that would tell you what you need to do next, but I don’t know how to mess with the game’s event flags so that’ll probably not happen.
Basically, I want to make it so that people who often give up on the game at a certain point will have the optional ability to make the game less tedious so they won’t give up at those points anymore. To be honest, if I had enough time, I’d probably just remake the game from scratch and try to stay true to the original while making it less tedious and grueling. But that’ll never happen 😛
Other Related Posts:
112 Comments to Playing EarthBound Zero
- TanukiDan: I can’t wait to get it! Would you mind if I talked about it on my lame youtube once I get it?
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic