Giygas Final Destination
Brazilian EarthBound fan Mitchell sent in this PDF file of scans from “Nintendo World”, a Nintendo magazine in Brazil. It talks about each of the games in the MOTHER series and looks like it’s been written by a passionate fan.
(download the PDF here)
Here’s what Mitchell has to say about it:
well, here it is. The Mother news in the brazilian’s magazine: Nintendo World.
it begins with a brief introduction about the Mother series, talking that a lot of games don’t reach the north american players. But also saying that there is no japan-only game more famous than Mother in the Nintendo’s eastern. it’s also talks that only one of the three episodes reach the american players and that a lot of the franchise’s popularity come from the smash bros games. in the introduction, it also says how surprisingly are their fans in the eastern that they reach the point to translate Mother 3 for pure passion.
Well, the rest of the text (talking about the games separately) isn’t more than we fans already knew. It makes a brief synopsis of each game, and talks about the people’s reaction, the prototype of the original mother, the unsucces of Earthbound, The EB64 game. (if you look closely in the mother 3 text, there is a reference to mother3.fobby.net!!!). Well, it also comes with a very nice FLCLish Ness picture.
If anybody’s willing to put the time in to translate it, that’d of course be great. Also, regular readers of EarthBound Central might recognize this magazine from stuff like this. Also, this is a different magazine from Brazil, but still really cool.
Other Related Posts:
22 Comments to MOTHER Series in Nintendo World
- DJ: From what I’ve gathered I’m pretty sure he still writes copy, so they’re an ad company.
- cosmodos: What does his company even do? Is it actually lucrative? From what I can gather (not knowing Japanese), it’s just his blog, and he...
- Jason: http://www.ipokiso.com/company /2017/hobonichi.html The anticipated price per share is 2,300 yen. As for those wishing to purchase a share...
- Leeaux: Hey I just saw this! Really interesting watch to. Lots of little fun facts.
- Mary: The “behind the scenes” video on how the Ness animation was made is great too. The animators channel is A + Start.