PSI Piano Omega
As far as EarthBound merchandise goes, the giant MOTHER 2 Mr. Saturn plushies have taken center stage lately. But it looks like the smaller MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies will be making a return starting next month!
If you don’t remember, the MOTHER 3 Mr. Saturn plushies were originally used in those crane games you often see in arcades and stores, but only in Japan of course. Anyway, they were kind of rare and you couldn’t actually buy them from a store, you had to win them, so these plushies tend to get pretty pricey. There was about a 3-day period where an American company somehow got like 50 of them and sold them online (that’s how I got mine), but on eBay they often go for even more than the giant Mr. Saturn plushies still 😯
Anywho, according to this site, the MOTHER 3 Saturns will be returning to arcades around Japan starting in September. To those of us not in Japan, this doesn’t mean a whole lot, but it at least DOES mean that there will be lots more of these floating around, so the chance of finally getting one (and getting one for a reasonable price) is very good 😀
Right now the site I linked to is mostly a “coming soon” preview type of thing, but if any more info pops up I’ll be sure to mention it here right away. Thanks to skei for the tip, never would’ve found it myself I bet!
Oh yeah, I also have a page on the site that keeps track of the latest Mr. Saturn stuff on eBay – you can follow it here if you’re interested. It seems like Mr. Saturn merchandise moves pretty fast. Well, the stuff that isn’t insanely overpriced by price-gougers anyway 😛
Other Related Posts:
23 Comments to MOTHER 3 Saturn Plushies Again
- Lochy: This looks awesome. Hopefully I can buy it as an after christmas present for myself. What an absolute treat!
- Jeff Shot First: Can I just say wow. This is incredible. I loved the first book on Zelda, and this is something even more special. I cannot wait to...
- SaturnValley: Amazing! I love the 90’s aesthetic. This is perfect timing since I was planning on getting this for Christmas, really hope it...
- Kasumi: Or maybe it’s wordplay. EARTHBOUND FAN-atic rather than Earthbound Fanatic
- James: Not to be that guy, buuuuuut–“fan-uh-t ic.” I guess someone over at Fangamer had a little brain fart. THAT SAID, I’m...